Dream Theater "Awake" and "Falling into Infinity" Pre-Order Now ETR

Glad to hear about the SFAM repress! Better still, I'm thrilled to hear of the Awake release coming up!

I would also like to chime-in on the two Music on Vinyl releases I have so far (Images and Words and Train of Thought). Compared to two others I have from Roadrunner, I am very pleased with the former.

Unfortunately, I have found the 2013 "Dream Theater" album to be rather on the muddy side. A Dramatic Turn of Events has some pops on two of the four sides that cannot be removed with simple cleaning. I suspect it could be a bad pressing. I did buy it used, so there's that. I may do a re-buy of a sealed item in the near future.

This is one hell of a misleading post. Are you working for Music on Vinyl, lol? I have heard the Train of Though vinyl rip (FLAC) and its bad, very bad (on the top of my head - check out the ending of This Dying Soul). I also know from a reliable source that Images and Words Music On Vinyl press doesnt hold a candle against the Brookvale Records press. How can a hour long metal album sound good on 1LP anyway? Brookvale is 2LP.

Also, I have The Dramatic Turn of Events (US first press) and it sounds borderline fantastic throughout - different mastering than the CD. I also have the self-titled (first press, EU version) and the last thing I would call this is muddy - its super clean and the mastering is radically different from the CD (same as the hdtracks version).

No, I do not work for them. I do not know how you arrive at the word "misleading". That's a intentional act to deceive and nothing could be further from the truth. Just sharing my opinion on the two Music on Vinyl releases that I have compared to other DT on vinyl.

I haven't heard the Brooksvale release of Images and Words. I am pleased to know that it sounds good too, but the Music on Vinyl copy that I have sounds great! I only have the CD to compare to so assuming the source is the same, I prefer the vinyl.

As I said with the Dramatic Turn of Events, it was a used copy. Outside of the pops that occur too frequently and seem very resistant to removal, it is a fine release. It could have been a manufacturing flaw or something much simpler.

I own the self-titled on three formats: FLAC from HD Tracks, FLAC (CD quality) and the vinyl. Yes, I agree the vinyl is from a different master. It is just lacking something on the high-end to me. That's okay, though. I usually solve that problem by cranking it up.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this and Falling into Infinity?

15206433040_c078349475_b.jpg

Colored web exclusive variants are

Awake......Gold/Grey Swirl with Electric Blue Splatter which should match the cover perfectly

&

Falling Into Infinity- Ocean Blue swirl (Light & Dark Blue meant to resememble ocean waves) with White Splatter

Awake......Gold/Grey Swirl with Electric Blue Splatter which should match the cover perfectly

&

Falling Into Infinity- Ocean Blue swirl (Light & Dark Blue meant to resememble ocean waves) with White Splatter

This May be a dumb question but will there be a price break if we get both at the same time ? I'm on t be fence with picking up infinity given that it's my least favorite dream theater release and at 36 bucks I'm just not sure I can pull the trigger. Awake will be boight though. Really the only reason I'm even considering infinity us because that swirl is gorgeous and it helps etr. Out

I would too but the funny part is they aren't even up for order yet he's assuming he's getting five and that's four more taken away from people who actualky want them not for profit.

Yeah, on the other hand, it would be nice if he couldn't handle orders (if there'll be any at all)...what a douche

&

Any chance do you know what time of day these should be online? I am most likely going to be working that day and want to secure myself a copy.

Don't think this will sell out within a day...

BTW, talking about bundles: http://brookvalerecords.bigcartel.com/product/dream-theater-bundle-awake-and-falling-into-infinity-multicolor-vinyl-variants

Special offer! You'll save exactly $0 (nothing) when you order both!!!

I know the guy who runs the social media pages for the band so I expect these to sell out fast, especially awake although who knows.   We sold out of the 700 copies of the "Metropolis pt 2: scenes from a memory" REPRESS in 4 days and that was a repress, on top of the already pressed 2000 copies in 2012 and those were all on standard black.

I know the guy who runs the social media pages for the band so I expect these to sell out fast, especially awake although who knows. We sold out of the 700 copies of the "Metropolis pt 2: scenes from a memory" REPRESS in 4 days and that was a repress, on top of the already pressed 2000 copies in 2012 and those were all on standard black.

With that being said, as we get closer to the release day, can you update us with a time you'd expect these to go on sale?

With that being said, as we get closer to the release day, can you update us with a time you'd expect these to go on sale?

it says on the site:

'Both "Awake" and "Falling Into Infinity" hit shelves on November 11, 2014 but we plan to start shipping both titles ~1 week before this street date. Pre-orders will begin October 17, 2014 at NOON ET.'