Foster The People - Supermodel

I'm not ready to say it's better than Torches... but I definitely really enjoy it.  My problem is that the last 3 songs (not including the bonus track) are the weakest and slowest of the album, so it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth (ears?).  I wish the sequencing had been better, because I think they are good songs, I just can't deal with 3 in a row to close the thing out.

I'm really surprised that all of the critics really don't like it. I know critic reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt but Alt Press gave it one star out of five.

That one song that is a complete Beach Boys imitation is awful. Terrible stuff.

I'm really surprised that all of the critics really don't like it. I know critic reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt but Alt Press gave it one star out of five. 

Maybe cause it's  very different from torches? None of my friends dig it for that reason, to them it's not as fun. I only really liked 3/4 of torches myself. Also a lot of reviewers are saying it's a cd full of rip-off vampire weekend and mgmt songs. I can kinda see the Mgmt in this album, but honestly if it's a rip-off it's better than anything that band ever put out.

Maybe cause it's  very different from torches? None of my friends dig it for that reason, to them it's not as fun. I only really liked 3/4 of torches myself. Also a lot of reviewers are saying it's a cd full of rip-off vampire weekend and mgmt songs. I can kinda see the Mgmt in this album, but honestly if it's a rip-off it's better than anything that band ever put out.

I feel like they couldn't win, if it were similar to Torches people would say they're putting out the same album twice. I don't listen to VW so I don't know if they are putting out something that already exists, I guess it is sort of similar to MGMT but I hadn't made that association right off the bat. 

I feel like they couldn't win, if it were similar to Torches people would say they're putting out the same album twice. I don't listen to VW so I don't know if they are putting out something that already exists, I guess it is sort of similar to MGMT but I hadn't made that association right off the bat. 

This.  It's tough with bands that get exposure the way these guys do.  It's all about the "sophomore slump."

• 2 weeks later...