PO: S. Carey - Range Of Light

gmoney

Nice! Quite a bit of surface noise on my splatter. 

Looks great, tho!

Yours too, huh? I just put it on and it is extremely distracting on such an intimate album. I've come to expect a small amount of surface noise from new records, but this is pretty unbearable. Never had this issue with the first S. Carey album, nor anything else I've got from Jagjaguwar/SC. I wonder if the plain black would be any better..

Anyone else having this issue?

Still don't have mine to check, but I read about surface noise in the comments section at Slyvinyl for this release, too. Really unfortunate. I wonder if they'll do anything to address it.

I hate being "that guy" but I sent them a polite email about it. I'm not trying to get refunded or whatever I just kind of what them to realize what a bummer it is. At this point I'll just keep listening to the mp3s, kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Part of me has faith after seeing what Asthmatic Kitty did for people who ordered the latest Sufjan Stevens xmas box set. One of the LP's sound quality was for shit, so they apologized and sent everyone a replacement copy. 

Stunning album though. Took three or four listens to really "get" it, but it's solid. Seems to end a little abruptly, but that'll probably just take a few more listens to work itself out :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had ordered the splatter version and the standard black came... haven't emailed Jessie but I may. Sorta bummed about that, but there was also no indication of the color/variant in the receipt or purchase confirmation. I suppose I just missed out and pre-ordered too late.