Springman Records (updated story)

You went out of your way to repeatedly try and get this issue resolved, only to have it stretch out for the better part of two months now. You even told Avi exactly what you would do regarding canceling the dispute. It's not your responsibility to teach someone how to run a better business. Keep the money, use it to buy more records from a label that has better customer service.

So has anyone ever had a problem with ordering from springman records? Everything I see people say about them is positive but my experience with them has been terrible. Here is the long and short of what happened with them:

On March 16th I placed an order with them for Groovie Ghoulies - World Contact Day LP (PURPLE), Groovie Ghoulies - Running With Bigfoot EP (CLEAR), Groovie Ghoulies / Secretions - Til Death Do Us Party (7inch EP)

My payment cleared on the 17th

The next week I lost an auction for Groovie Ghoulies - Appetite For Adrenochrome on Pink so I decided to go ahead and make another order from Springman. On March 24th I ordered 2 of that album and a few stickers. My payment cleared on the 25th.

I read they only ship about 2 times a week and to wait up to 2 weeks for delivery on their site so I thought nothing of them not contacting me about my first order at that point.

On the 31st I got a bit nervous that I had not heard anything from then nor received any tracking so I wrote Springman asking what was up with my order, if it had shipped, and if I could get some tracking info.

I quickly received a super nice response about how they were going to check it out first thing the next day and I should have received tracking info automatically from the system when my stuff was shipped.

I wrote back thanking them on the 2nd and asking if they found anything out the day prior. No response.

I wrote them on the 4th very upset that I had received no response to my emails and that I still knew nothing about the status of either of my orders. No response.

On April 14th I finally received my first order from them after no communication and it was wrong. World Contact Day and Till Death do us Party were correct but Running with Bigfoot was on black instead of clear.

I decided to hit up their myspace page since I had no luck with regular email and let them know I received the wrong color and was wondering if I could exchange it or something.

I once again got a nice quick response about how they were working on it but they never asked my real name, where it was shipped to, or any other information they would need to do so.

At this point I still have not received any more communication about my orders nor have I received my second order.

I really don't know what to do and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or let me know if you have had similar experiences. Thanks!

UPDATED:

So this is what ended up happening. I tried 2 or 3 more emails after this post and then opened a dispute with paypal the last possible day I was able to (45days). I tried to contact Springman 3 times through my paypal dispute. I escalated my dispute to a claim the last possible day I could do that (20 days). At that point the seller has some time to contact paypal and/or the buyer to work something out if the seller does not contact paypal the claim is settled in the buyers favor and they refund your money. The day before my claim was going to be settled in my favor Avi emailed me and said " thought we fixed this sorry about the confusion I am sending your order with a few extra stickers and Paypal will send you tracking info" I wrote him back and told him that I would not cancel the claim until I received my merchandise because that is what paypal recommends you do (you can't reopen it if you cancel). I assumed he was going to get in contact with paypal and get them the tracking info and it would put the claim on hold since he made contact but he never did. The next day I got a full refund for my order, Avi never gave them tracking info, and 3 days later I received my order.

what would you do in this situation?

Send Avi and email and paypal them the money you paid. They're a small label and every bit helps. Maybe they'll hire someone who doesn't suck at Mail order.

I am so against re-sending the money in this instance. I've ordered from Springman and have been happy every time, but in this case kellyjanice did all that was expected of her and went out of her way to try and make things right. I think she has every right to keep the money and the records. Yes, the label loses out, but that wouldn't be the case had her order been handled correctly. You snooze you lose.

they never replied to any of my emails and because of my "patience with mailorder" it was too long of a time to file a paypal claim, so I lost out on $8.

So I suggest not sending them a dime. I think the fact that you've contemplated doing so shows you're a good person, but I don't think you should send the money.