Springman Records (updated story)

So has anyone ever had a problem with ordering from springman records? Everything I see people say about them is positive but my experience with them has been terrible. Here is the long and short of what happened with them:

On March 16th I placed an order with them for Groovie Ghoulies - World Contact Day LP (PURPLE), Groovie Ghoulies - Running With Bigfoot EP (CLEAR), Groovie Ghoulies / Secretions - Til Death Do Us Party (7inch EP)

My payment cleared on the 17th

The next week I lost an auction for Groovie Ghoulies - Appetite For Adrenochrome on Pink so I decided to go ahead and make another order from Springman. On March 24th I ordered 2 of that album and a few stickers. My payment cleared on the 25th.

I read they only ship about 2 times a week and to wait up to 2 weeks for delivery on their site so I thought nothing of them not contacting me about my first order at that point.

On the 31st I got a bit nervous that I had not heard anything from then nor received any tracking so I wrote Springman asking what was up with my order, if it had shipped, and if I could get some tracking info.

I quickly received a super nice response about how they were going to check it out first thing the next day and I should have received tracking info automatically from the system when my stuff was shipped.

I wrote back thanking them on the 2nd and asking if they found anything out the day prior. No response.

I wrote them on the 4th very upset that I had received no response to my emails and that I still knew nothing about the status of either of my orders. No response.

On April 14th I finally received my first order from them after no communication and it was wrong. World Contact Day and Till Death do us Party were correct but Running with Bigfoot was on black instead of clear.

I decided to hit up their myspace page since I had no luck with regular email and let them know I received the wrong color and was wondering if I could exchange it or something.

I once again got a nice quick response about how they were working on it but they never asked my real name, where it was shipped to, or any other information they would need to do so.

At this point I still have not received any more communication about my orders nor have I received my second order.

I really don't know what to do and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or let me know if you have had similar experiences. Thanks!

UPDATED:

So this is what ended up happening. I tried 2 or 3 more emails after this post and then opened a dispute with paypal the last possible day I was able to (45days). I tried to contact Springman 3 times through my paypal dispute. I escalated my dispute to a claim the last possible day I could do that (20 days). At that point the seller has some time to contact paypal and/or the buyer to work something out if the seller does not contact paypal the claim is settled in the buyers favor and they refund your money. The day before my claim was going to be settled in my favor Avi emailed me and said " thought we fixed this sorry about the confusion I am sending your order with a few extra stickers and Paypal will send you tracking info" I wrote him back and told him that I would not cancel the claim until I received my merchandise because that is what paypal recommends you do (you can't reopen it if you cancel). I assumed he was going to get in contact with paypal and get them the tracking info and it would put the claim on hold since he made contact but he never did. The next day I got a full refund for my order, Avi never gave them tracking info, and 3 days later I received my order.

what would you do in this situation?

I've never had a problem with Springman. One time, when I ordered the Big D/Brain Failure split, my order got lost in the mail. I told Avi about it and he contacted me back right away. Through a few e-mails he said he was gonna mail me a new one, free or charge, but then that day my re-routed order showed up on my doorstep.

I know a lot of people that have had trouble with Springman. I, however, have not had any such problems ordering from them. Got my shirts quick and easy.

I didn't read your entire post (sorry, in a bit of a hurry), but I've had a bit of trouble/aggrivation with Springman.

Once, they forgot to send me stuff from my order.

Twice they promised stuff by a certain date, both times were late.

Once they promised free shit with a preorder, got my order without free shit.

I'm not complaining about not getting free shit, but if someone tells me they're going to give me something, I expect it.

I didn't read your entire post (sorry, in a bit of a hurry), but I've had a bit of trouble/aggrivation with Springman.

yeah I tend to be quite detailed and long winded with stories

Once, they forgot to send me stuff from my order.

Twice they promised stuff by a certain date, both times were late.

Once they promised free shit with a preorder, got my order without free shit.

I'm not complaining about not getting free shit, but if someone tells me they're going to give me something, I expect it.

that sounds about right from what I have experienced

I've had a few issues (and had orders take a while) but they've always been super helpful and friendly. It's taken some time on a few occasions but I've never had a bum deal by those guys.

I think it might be hard as Avi goes to school (or did) and tries to run the label. Can't imagine how much effort that must take.

I've had a few issues (and had orders take a while) but they've always been super helpful and friendly. It's taken some time on a few occasions but I've never had a bum deal by those guys.

I think it might be hard as Avi goes to school (or did) and tries to run the label. Can't imagine how much effort that must take.

i ran my label and shows from highschool and thru college... its not really that hard :)

i ran my label and shows from highschool and thru college... its not really that hard :)

But you're fueled by megabeard. It's the energy of kings.

like 12 or 13 years now.

our real claim to fame is that released an album by the only band to ever open for both conflict (uk) and celine dion in the same week... and then later used said band to fleece subway for 3/4 of a million dollars in sponsorship money. up the punx.

Allow me to expose my ignorance, what band was that?

• 4 weeks later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos_Records

theres the most up to date discog.

its missing some odd cdr+kinkos style releases we put together for friends + roommates... but most of them were under 25 or 50 pieces... eventually ill remember to put them up there.

Grover Dill's early stuff was great... when they got sponsored by subway some exec over there literally bought every copy we had left, and entire additional pressing we did to give away at company events... so we dont have any copies left.