Slapstick 2xLP Repress (Limited to 300)

I never got the chance to see them but Lookit! Is in my all time top 10. I was just kind of surprised about the enthusiasm about them around here.

Why? This band was ska punk royalty and kicked off what turned into a large family tree of bands. I also was fortunate enough have seen them a few times.

IMO, Slapstick is a million times better than both Alkaline Trio and Lawrence Arms. I was actually quite pissed when Slapstick broke up but The Broadways are pretty great too. Completely lost interest when Alkaline Trio and LA were formed.

I agree except I loved the early stuff Alkaline Trio did on Asian Man. To me the best post-Slapstick album from that era is a tossup between "Goddamnit" and Tuesday "Freewheelin"

Also: grey A/B, blue C/D

VCh9Sgi.jpg

I agree except I loved the early stuff Alkaline Trio did on Asian Man. To me the best post-Slapstick album from that era is a tossup between "Goddamnit" and Tuesday "Freewheelin"

Also: grey A/B, blue C/D

VCh9Sgi.jpg

Forgot about Tuesday.  I saw Tuesday in concert too.  Before they put out Freewheelin' and just had that 4 track CD/Tape/7" (whatever it was they were selling).  I liked Freewheelin' as well though not nearly as much as Broken Star.  Once Alkaline Trio/LA hit, all that post-Slapstick stuff just got too poppy for my tastes.

Agreed, I love early Alkaline Trio stuff.  Although Good Mourning is definitely my favorite from them.

• 1 month later...