Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

I also think it is a sign of a supportive and healthy relationship. Men have the tendency to want to fix things. And when they can't fix things, they feel helpless. It is just in their nature. I think that he is finally talking about it is a good sign that you have healthy communication. Many guys would just let this fester for years. I hope that you guys can find a good counselor, and I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. But it sounds like you have a good one who is just concerned for your well being. <3

I also think it is a sign of a supportive and healthy relationship. Men have the tendency to want to fix things. And when they can't fix things, they feel helpless. It is just in their nature. I think that he is finally talking about it is a good sign that you have healthy communication. Many guys would just let this fester for years. I hope that you guys can find a good counselor, and I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. But it sounds like you have a good one who is just concerned for your well being. <3

Thanks, Tess! He really is so good to me. That's why I was getting so scared when he was continuously getting so short with me after being so pleasant for nearly 3 years. I'm just glad that it is what it is (if that makes sense), so now we can work to fix it.

I just need to find a therapist now. Ugh lol. Never ending cycle.

As a guy (who has viewed this thread at my own risk) and someone who has been in a similar situation, I can confirm this and add that it really is a manifestation of wanting to take care of you/protect you and feeling unable to.  Also those qualities are generally an indication of his feelings for you and the value he places on your relationship.  It's a complex situation and I really hope that everything goes well (futurekills).

As a guy (who has viewed this thread at my own risk) and someone who has been in a similar situation, I can confirm this and add that it really is a manifestation of wanting to take care of you/protect you and feeling unable to.  Also those qualities are generally an indication of his feelings for you and the value he places on your relationship.  It's a complex situation and I really hope that everything goes well (futurekills).

Thank you so much for posting this!  The gals always know the right things to say in here, but it's nice to have reassurance from someone who is in the same mindset as my bf about this situation. Thanks so much <3

ALSO I'm really stoked on this... As you girls know, my hair sucks bc of my having Hashi's... always dry, I can't ever shampoo it etc. So a couple weeks back, my cousin's gf was having a special at her hair salon for this clear shine glaze treatment. I told her my issues and she sorted me all out with a cut, the glaze, and she managed to shampoo my hair and it didn't knot up (cosmetologists amaze me). She also sprayed in some dry shampoo so I wouldn't have to wash my hair for a day or so.

As soon as I washed my hair for the first time after that appointment, it was like none of it ever happened. My hair went right back to its usual state of knotting, breaking, & drying up. I always used Paul Mitchell conditioner, but I was out and couldn't get more bc the store closes before I get home, so I decided I'll just run to Walgreens and pick up the conditioner that convinces me it works best for hydration.

I saw this big bottle of Argan Oil conditioner and figured I'd try that. I'm currently on day 5 and it is AMAZING. My hair has never been this healthy looking or soft in what feels like years and its seriously making me feel so much better. I feel so self conscious about what my thyroid has done to me physically so having this little perk is definitely a plus. Yayyyyyyy.

/story

Thank you so much for posting this!  The gals always know the right things to say in here, but it's nice to have reassurance from someone who is in the same mindset as my bf about this situation. Thanks so much <3

You're welcome!

Biggest thing is communication.  That story about the concert/festival is something I can relate to.  I feel so much worse knowing about something after the fact.  If he's a good dude, he's going to be able to balance the enjoyment of the festival with your struggle/physical limitations.  If you keep him in the loop you'll both be less frustrated!

You're welcome!

Biggest thing is communication.  That story about the concert/festival is something I can relate to.  I feel so much worse knowing about something after the fact.  If he's a good dude, he's going to be able to balance the enjoyment of the festival with your struggle/physical limitations.  If you keep him in the loop you'll both be less frustrated!

I totally agree. We're really good with communication. His best friend just moved back to NJ from living in DC for nearly 10 years, and his friend is the one who invited us to the festival so I didn't want to be a stick in the mud about it lol.

Since I've been back from vacation, I have been unable to relax. I'm not normally happy or sad but just very indifferent but now my stomach has been in knots this whole time and I just feel very upset. Maybe this is just vacation blues but I've never experienced it like this.

I complain a lot about living in oklahoma but i really think it's time I moved. The problem is that it's scary to move to blindly. All my family is here except for my dad in SF and my friends that I just visited in Dallas. I hated Dallas and i definitely don't want to live there.

How do I decide where to go? East coast is extremely expensive, west coast would be near my dad but it's also expensive and living with my dad is a no even though I do joke about it. I want a big city where I don't need a car. I hate driving!

My job will let me transfer anywhere and I can transfer to most schools and my part time job can be done anywhere. I'll have no friends where I go and I'll just be me and my dog and I don't own much furniture. It's very scary but I really need to do this before I get stuck here.

This post is all over the place. Sorry! I'm just very unhappy with everything and it's taking a lot out of me.

You've talked a lot about England! I think you should at least give it a shot over there. You can always move back if need be.

I know where you're coming from though. I have NO idea where I want to live. I for sure don't want to live where I'm at now bc its too expensive, but there are so many factors to think about when trying to pin point a place to live. If I can do photo full time, I could basically live anywhere. But I'm not at that point yet, so I'm stuck.

I think its great that you can live where ever with your job though. That type of freedom is awesome. Maybe I should work for your company!

East coast is definitely expensive. Sometimes I tease myself by looking at craigslist apartments in other areas just to see the kind of place I could live in for the same amount of rent I pay now.

My boyfriend and I have talked a bit about moving, but we also can't seem to figure out where to go, so I definitely know how you feel! We're just so tired of the winters here. Specially after the last one, we're over snow. You wake up and it's still dark out, it's only light out when you're at work, and once it's time to go home, it's dark out again. It's insanely depressing. We'd move south, but I've heard terrible things about Florida, and I really wouldn't want to live in a red state. So, stuck.

Oh yeah, that's another reason why we have stayed (besides family and friends). Spring, summer and fall are insanely great.

I spent 2 months in AZ a few summers ago and even though I loved it, coming back to green grass and green trees was so nice. And now, all the trees look like they're on fire. Super beautiful.

Everybody's complications are important though.

That's awful about Jimmy's niece. :( That's really not fair.  Looking on the "bright" side though, Chrons is manageable.  Once she is stabilized she will (unfortunately) learn how to manage it and hopefully she won't have many flare-ups.  The guy I used to shoot weddings with has Chrons and overall he can function normally on a day to day basis, so it's important to remain optimistic!

I really love getting all 4 seasons to the max. Michigan was so beautiful at times but winter was a hateful bastard. We've talked a little bit about Colorado... cause, you know, weed, but I'm not really sure I'd be comfortable living more than a car trip away from my parents for the next few years.

Oh yeah, that's another reason why we have stayed (besides family and friends). Spring, summer and fall are insanely great.

I spent 2 months in AZ a few summers ago and even though I loved it, coming back to green grass and green trees was so nice. And now, all the trees look like they're on fire. Super beautiful.

Yes I love autumn so much omg.

I spent a long weekend in Boston last May and it was soooo so fun. Such a cool city, I can't wait to go back.

I really love getting all 4 seasons to the max. Michigan was so beautiful at times but winter was a hateful bastard. We've talked a little bit about Colorado... cause, you know, weed, but I'm not really sure I'd be comfortable living more than a car trip away from my parents for the next few years.

Erik is like a scorned man with those 5 years of Michigan winters under his belt lol. He's seen some things, man!