Vinyl review sites?

ntslash

This. OP hang around here and you'll know what sounds bad guaranteed.

Yeah but doesn't this forum have a definite punk/hardcore/Hot Topic (lol) direction? What about presses of stuff that's outside of that?

Then an expensive niche format isn't really for them

That's bullshit! Who can say how someone collects music is suitable enough or not? I started collecting at age 15 with a useless turntable (all I could afford at the time) and buying £4-£5 records from local stores that were £10+ on CD. It's hardly a niche format.

It's true, this shit ain't cheap. But with the right process/patience, it won't take $700. 

Put my setup together for roughly $320. (Technics 1200/Sansui 2000/Pioneer CS-77)

Yup, patience. As far as I can see it's not about spunking all your savings on getting the best stuff as soon as you discover vinyl. I'll still be upgrading and buying new gear years from now.

Yeah but doesn't this forum have a definite punk/hardcore/Hot Topic (lol) direction? What about presses of stuff that's outside of that?

That's bullshit! Who can say how someone collects music is suitable enough or not? I started collecting at age 15 with a useless turntable (all I could afford at the time) and buying £4-£5 records from local stores that were £10+ on CD. It's hardly a niche format.

Yup, patience. As far as I can see it's not about spunking all your savings on getting the best stuff as soon as you discover vinyl. I'll still be upgrading and buying new gear years from now.

There are plenty of topics that aren't into those genres.

Vinyl makes up 1% of music sales, it is a niche.

My setup was free, I just enjoy fighting the crosley/ion plague... And you're kidding yourself if you think kids in the hot topic scene aren't averaging over 20 bucks per record and then ruining them with shit tables/carts

Also, my posts were definitely not meant to be taken as seriously as you did.

There are plenty of topics that aren't into those genres.

Vinyl makes up 1% of music sales, it is a niche.

My setup was free, I just enjoy fighting the crosley/ion plague... And you're kidding yourself if you think kids in the hot topic scene aren't averaging over 20 bucks per record and then ruining them with shit tables/carts

I just mean vinyl is hip now. You can get it anywhere. Sales statistics prove 1% total sales but vinyl's popular wherever you go.

Yeah, I know the Crosleys are bad but I get a bit sour when people rag on them all the time. I've never had one, and would definitely recommend against them obviously but sometimes when kids are getting into vinyl that might be all they can get to play stuff on. And for the Hot Topic kids spending that money, I guess that's their mistake. I guess the UK equivalent is Urban Outfitters? Fuck knows, maybe we just don't get Hot Topic in the UK - but I know that in Urban Outfitters you can buy things like John Coltrane - Blue Train or The Chronic by Dr Dre for like £30 each or something. Seems fucking stupid. That's way more annoying to me than this Crosley debate.