wtb: guitar hero guitar "dongle" for ps3.

almightyseancore

i can't say that word without laughing, but apparently i need one.

ebay prices for these things are disgusting, and no way i will pay it.

i found a ps3 guitar at a thrift store months back for $5, then picked up a few guitar hero and rock band games at game stop for about $2 each. didn't realize i needed a wireless receiver to use the damn guitar, cos the one i used to have for xbox was never like that.

so uh, anyone got an extra one of these they never use?

it would be nice. thanks.

i can't tell if this is a joke, or if you're actually offering.

either way, i'm pleased.

Yeah, sorry... not literally.  I know someone with a PS3, though, that I can ask.  Let me get back to you.

No dice.  I'll keep my eyes open for one, though.  You think somewhere like Gamestop may have one for cheap?  I haven't been in one for a while, but last time I checked they sold used peripherals for fairly cheap.

Yeah, sorry... not literally.  I know someone with a PS3, though, that I can ask.  Let me get back to you.

No dice.  I'll keep my eyes open for one, though.  You think somewhere like Gamestop may have one for cheap?  I haven't been in one for a while, but last time I checked they sold used peripherals for fairly cheap.

i've tried, guitar hero is dead, so gamestop doesn't carry, or buy used. i've tried local mom and pop places too. no luck.

ebay seriously wants around $60 for these, and thats dumb as hell.

ebay seriously wants around $60 for these, and thats dumb as hell.

Unfortunately $60 is the going rate. Once GH ended the price jumped. Your best bet is call a local gamestop and see if they can find you one. Or buy a new guitar which will run in the hundreds

That is insanity.  I wouldn't believe it if you guys hadn't confirmed it.  Was it exclusive to Guitar Hero, or did it come with Rock Band?  I've accrued more music-rhythm games than I'm comfortable to admit, over the years, but they've all been for the 360.  I don't know anyone in person who had GH3 for the PS3, but I remember thinking that Rock Band bundles came with sort of USB adapter for the Playstation.