Just Ordered a KAB EV-1...Hopefully I'll Like It

finally wussed out and bought a spin-clean (got afraid of paying too much on a KAB and not get that much better results)...actually have noticed a pretty big difference with my used albums after cleaning 

i'm sure the KAB is a superior product but the spin-clean does get the job done for someone on a budget

does anyone happen to have both?

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of unrelated but Elusive Disc has a great deal on the Audioquest Carbon Fiber Record Brush right now at only $14.75. Good for anyone that doesn't own one or needs to replace their existing one. A good brush is always a must-have in addition to any RCM you might own.

Ah, needed one of those. Thanks for the tip!

• 9 months later...

Im looking an USED KAB EV-1 under $90 any place to buy it?? the true I feel $170 is expensive for that piece of plastic,

but I think do the same JOB that VPI, so is great price machine...

I think also that dont have the own vaccum is an advantage... if the disc doctor vaccum stop to working the machine dont work anymore but with the KAB EV-1 you can add your own vaccum.

Im looking an USED KAB EV-1 under $90 any place to buy it?? the true I feel $170 is expensive for that piece of plastic,

but I think do the same JOB that VPI, so is great price machine...

I think also that dont have the own vaccum is an advantage... if the disc doctor vaccum stop to working the machine dont work anymore but with the KAB EV-1 you can add your own vaccum.

Or you could make your own for half that. plenty of diy options on the net

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. Do not use a shop vac with a KAB. It specifically says on the website that a shop vac has too much suction.

yes I read that but I think they say about the BIG! shop vac machines, the one that I show is just 1 Horse Peak, is very small, very small vacuum, 

actually I see people use very big vacuums.

I ask to kab and they say that Micro shop vac is ok, but I still don't try.

I let you know later when I buy a KAB.

which vacuum you use? model brand please

please owners of the KAB share models and brands! and your experience to found one that dry well...

thanks