Help with equipment

I'm new to the vinyl world and the reason I got into it is because of the sound. I have almost no idea what equipment is needed to start a vinyl collection and play the records. If you could list all the parts needed to start up a working system and recommend parts that are easy to use and great for beginners would be great. Thanks!

I'm new to the vinyl world and the reason I got into it is because of the sound. I have almost no idea what equipment is needed to start a vinyl collection and play the records. If you could list all the parts needed to start up a working system and recommend parts that are easy to use and great for beginners would be great. Thanks!

Would you like us to mash up your food and spoon-feed it to you as well?

I'm down with newbies and I love to answer questions, but what's the deal with the sudden influx of helpless 14 year olds who are incapable of thinking or using google?

It seriously takes 10x more work and brainpower to search for "vinyl record message board," create an account, and ask a new question than it does to google, "how do I listen to records?"

I'm down with newbies and I love to answer questions, but what's the deal with the sudden influx of helpless 14 year olds who are incapable of thinking or using google?

It seriously takes 10x more work and brainpower to search for "vinyl record message board," create an account, and ask a new question than it does to google, "how do I listen to records?"

yes there does seem to be an epidemic, is someone giving away free records?