TOOL 10,000 Days Bootleg any good at all?

"Hi, my name is Vinyl Addict and I'm a Tool junkie."

There. with that out of the way, I was looking into possibly picking up the bootleg of 10,000 Days. The official release has yet to be made, and i'm way too impatient..

I am sure it has the same pauses between tracks as the CD, but how is the actual quality of the record? Hows the sound? is the jacket cheesy? i assume it's not a gatefold? I'm looking to pick up the blue pressing.

I'm pretty much 100% sure I said how the boot looks, sounds, and feels when I made the Tool buying guide thread.

The sound is nice, nowhere near what an official press would probably sound like, but nice. Artwork is really good, but jacket's kinda thin. (Also, no gatefold.) Basically, the worst thing about it is the 2 seconds of silence between every track.

Welcome to the boards, by the way. You're only getting backlash because these threads are semi-annoying, and they clutter up the boards.

I appologize topher. You created the toolvinyl.com site? Well done buddy, well done. It's a great source of info.

Trying to locate a first press of Undertow too.

I think it mentions the record is thin also. Is this still true or has it changed? Are they more thin than say, 70s vinyl?

Thanks, but no, I made this thread: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/82307-tool-vinyl-buying-guide-originalboots-etc/

I would ask any Tool vinyl questions there. Mods will probably want to lock/delete this thread.