PO: For The Fallen Dreams - Heavy Hearts 4/8/14

For The Fallen Dreams' first vinyl release will be their 5th album Heavy Hearts. 

Bringing back their original singer from the first album Changes, should be an interesting release.  Lots of lead singer turmoil with this band, and disagreements with who was a better fit for the band, I thoroughly enjoy(ed) each of them, myself. 

The pre-order has a white version for $15, pretty good price actually.  Otherwise in package deals that start at $33 that include shirts/hoodies/posters, etc. include a blue/white marble vinyl that's limited to 300. 

Unfortunately this comes from merchnow, shipping is a killer on this site.

http://forthefallendreams.merchnow.com/

Back Burner & Wasted Youth were the cliche albums of needing time to grow on me.  And it took time...  Exactly as you said-I think upon first listen, all the songs blend together & sound so similar.  Bland.  But after actually reading through the lyric book & learning each song front to back, neither get old.  Both phenomenal albums. 

The new singer [at the time] had, or has such a different sound with the clean vocals versus the original singer on Changes, but I really like both flavors of their For The Fallen Dreams sound, respectively.  And this new album should be awesome.

As far as the pre-order I hate the package deal trick.  Only buy a certain variant with shirts & shit.  Last thing I need is more shirts.  (Though what a great problem to have, right?  Typical spoiled American.)  But I may just bend over, and take it up the tailpipe...

liarliar.jpg

Yeah I pretty much agree.  I just didn't take the time to really learn the newer songs cause they didn't instantly grab me like the first to albums did.  I sprung for the bundle, I didn't want to miss out on the /300.  If they had pressed more I may have waited for them to split them up but I'm unsure how fast the 300 would go.

Been a pretty die hard FTFD fan since Changes, and I'm excited for this record. I love both singles released so far. I'll probably wait to see if they break up the bundles to get the blue/white by itself. Now All we need is a FTFD boxset with a remastered Changes, Relentless and Backburner. 

Now All we need is a FTFD boxset with a remastered Changes, Relentless and Backburner. 

YES.  I love this idea.  I mentioned the idea of releasing all the past albums to them on twitter, hopefully this one sells ok so they at least exercise the idea & kick it around the office.  Though of course, I'd add Wasted Youth to it. 

YES.  I love this idea.  I mentioned the idea of releasing all the past albums to them on twitter, hopefully this one sells ok so they at least exercise the idea & kick it around the office.  Though of course, I'd add Wasted Youth to it. 

Just give me all the albums in another 50$ boxset!

Wasted Youth would probably not be included in any plans because it was released on Artery, while the first 3 and new one are through Rise.

Being from Michigan, I saw this band in probably 2005 at a local church venue with about maybe 40 people there and bought their demo on a CD-R. Times have changed, I even think that was before their vocalist now, they've had a ton of line up changes, but they were pretty good then too. They've come a long way.

I always thought they were very under-rated myself.  Funny they were playing at a church, I've never known them to be Christian.  Not that they would have to be...  But regardless, we'll see what bringing back the Changes vocalist & this new album does for them in the long run. 

Travis, hook up that box set, boyyyyyyy!  (With Wasted Youth)

Just because they played in a church doesn't make them Christian. I have been to a few punk and metal shows in churches, they just rent them out. Hell, when Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes came to Edmonton, they did their smodcast in a church. Me and my friend were sitting up high in the back smoking joints by the window the whole time haha.

I always thought they were very under-rated myself.  Funny they were playing at a church, I've never known them to be Christian.  Not that they would have to be...  But regardless, we'll see what bringing back the Changes vocalist & this new album does for them in the long run. 

Travis, hook up that box set, boyyyyyyy!  (With Wasted Youth)

The church itself was a just a venue. Here's a song from that demo/ep:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=For+The+Fallen+Dreams+She%27s+Beautiful+When+She%27s+Comatose

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting listen.  I like it. 

They've released a handful of songs off Heavy Hearts, anyone check them out?  I'm holding out till the release date, gonna grab the CD and/or vinyl and just listen all the way through. 

I couldn't pull the trigger on the pre-order.  At least yet, maybe something will change between now & April 8th.  I'm trying to prevent myself from being a variant collector.  Just in general, especially in these scenarios of spending all that extra $ on a bundle to get a hoodie I don't need and everything else that comes with it just to get the blue/white variant.  Idk, man.  Maybe I'll just grab the Hot Topic version.  I wonder if they'll sell vinyl and which version on their next tour.

One week away!

Oh yeah, one other thing I noticed surfing around iTunes, back on May 6th, 2013 they released a new song called Substance as a digital download.  I think they played this live, but I never realized they released a studio version.  I suppose they just wanted to get something out there asap to showcase the original singer's return to the lineup.  I googled it & it sounds like it was supposed to be included on the new album but doesn't look like it's gonna be.  Probably don't want to include something 11 months old on it...  I'll have to download it & add it as the 11th song on the album in my iTunes library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Here's the variant collection.  White: standard retail.  Blue: Hot Topic exclusive /600.  White/blue:  merchnow.com exclusive /300, originally only available with bundles, I see it now available separately for $15.  Boy do I feel the fool for investing in the $80 (about $100 after shipping) super bundle when that was all that was left & I thought that would be my only chance to get it...

FTFD.jpg