Pop Market: U2 Achtung Baby - The Vinyl Box

Guest Justin Maheiny

THE FOLLOWING IS OFF TOPIC: That god damn T. Rex album yesterday killed me. Got the email but had to wait till I got home to log in and see the price. I love The Slider but $163 for one album!?!?

Yeah, I'm *almost* tempted to pull the trigger on the box at Best Buy... But I really don't care about any of the remixes, and I gotta think that when they (eventually) clear these overpriced sets out for good, U2 is bound to release AB as a regular 2XLP edition (similar to their first 6 records) for around $30. 

It might be another year or so, but at this point I can wait. I have heard the new remastering in this box is pretty fantastic tho.

THE FOLLOWING IS OFF TOPIC: That god damn T. Rex album yesterday killed me. Got the email but had to wait till I got home to log in and see the price. I love The Slider but $163 for one album!?!?

Im with you on that, single album box sets leave me scratching my head.  Im fine with a compilation collection of b-sides, live stuff, or demos but getting a box of an album and then a bunch different versions of basically the same stuff seems like a way to add filler to a box and inflate the price.  Some of the prices on those boxes are just insane too