Today is my last day ever at a terrible job of 6.5 years!

Good luck man. 

Ryan - the most miserable job I had was working for UF doing tech work and security at the arena and stadium. I had enough of the abuse and being handed truly dangerous jobs with no training. So one day I went in and filled out the forms to report sexual harrassment against the two Frat Boy supervisors who were always making shit miserable. Once the interview on the matter and the paperwork was in I quit. No looking back I felt I left it a better place and was stoked to move on. It's criminal what UF pays those kids for the kind of work they demand. 

Guitar Pedals sounds like a very competitive field.  If your company is successful. Are you going to become the rich, white dickhead you complained about?  Or does that label not apply to people like you?  Hope you didn't have to move in Mom's basement to offset the startup costs.

Douche. That's the label that applys to you with that first paragraph. You of ALL people should know how hard it is to start your own enterprise, why put negative vibes on his fresh start? And before you say your just "giving him a taste of reality", your not. It's just common sense.

All the best.

That was sweet of you though.

I'm at 4.5 years right now. I was doing it for the insurance, but then they discontinued insurance for part timers. They didn't tell us until it was too late to use vacation hours to increase my weekly average either. I was at about 30 hours per week for 2013. I only have one class left after this semester, so I might as well stick it out till I graduate. If I go anywhere else, I'm sure I'll take a pay cut.