PO: Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming

augustus

apparently this had a slight delay (some pre-orders are going out on time though)

email from amazon:

Thank you for placing a pre-order for the deluxe vinyl edition of "Under The Table And Dreaming". We hope you are looking forward to receiving the record. The new release date for the deluxe vinyl edition is December 16, 2014. We will receive a limited number of early copies of the LP and expect your pre-order to ship the week of November 24th. A confirmation email will be sent to you once your order ships.

When did you pre-order? Kinda weird there are so many release dates for this release. Hopefully they don't screw this pressing up. The delay in production is puzzling, as pre-sales don't seem to be breaking any charts. 

Nah. They are. Whatever he learned from Ballard for Everyday (Keeping it simple or whatever the lesson was) really harmed his songwriting. His better songs pos Ballard seem to the unrefined songs they started road testing. Anything hes had to sit down and think about in the studio are pretty blah.

Now that you mention it, I think all the unreleased road songs have been my favorites of the past few years. I really did like Big Whiskey and Away from the World, though.

I don't think there was any lesson to the Everyday sessions other than "Hey, Dave, quit drinking so much and write happy pop tunes". I still laugh at Carter's ridiculous statement during the Everyday promotion period where he said "we showed up to the studio with actual charts to play and that was really cool". lol wut

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting horrible reviews and they didn't even use the correct version of Jimi Thing apparently.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8G060Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to order this but I'll pass now... Maybe MOV will press this album someday.

No one has confirmed that Jimi Thing is different on the LP. Just the digital version.

Also those reviews were posted by stans who heard incorrect info that this was cut from a CD when it has been confirmed that it has not been (24bit/96khtz). So ignore most of those reviews, it stems from a lot of butthurt that this wasn't cut directly from the analog tapes.