Power Discussion (outlets, strips, conditioners)

I use the Tripplite Isobar as well and have been thinking about stepping up to a line conditioner type system.

Based on my (limited) understanding, the advantage of a line conditioner versus a power strip is undervoltage/brownout protection which may be a greater risk for some people than surges.  For example, I have some friends in Louisianna who experience frequent brownouts and have beefy battery backup systems in place to protect their computers, etc while I have never had those problems myself.

Any of these components "may" correct power issues specific to your home, but that's going to be dependant on that kind of problem you have going on (if any).

Always a difficult one this.

Whether you benefit or not depends on where you live.

In a city there will be few problems with the power but if you are near heavy industry the electricity will be "dirty"

I have a UPS for my PC but i dont plug my hifi into it since it doesnt produce pure square? waves which electricity from the mains is.

Fine for the PC brownouts but not so great on cleaning up the supply.