PO NOW // Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Sunset Mission / Black Earth / Geisterfaust REISSUES

andi

I'm OK with a record that isn't dead-quiet, but what really irks me is when they are all scratched up right out of the sleeve.  This seems to be a common problem with modern "vinyl revival" era stuff, that I don't ever recall encountering in the past.  I think when the edge is cut there are often little pieces of vinyl left over, and instead of being blown off or whatever they just leave them, then those bits break loose in the sleeve and rub against the surface of the record.  I bought 2 copies of Black Earth and both are all marked up.  Blerg.

On 11.1.2017 at 11:53 PM, Sasan said:

Just received GEISTERFAUST but don't have time until the weekend to listen to it.

Anybody out there who gave it a spin already?

I did just now. I know there's plenty of talk about how extraordinarily bad the recent PIAS reissues are supposed to be, but most of that is via discogs, so it can easily be neglected. I bought all the reissues and didn't have a single dud. None of them, safe for Gore Motel which is not part of the PIAS reissue campaign, are fantastic, but they all sound very good. 

Geisterfaust is my personal favorite of the bunch, pressing-wise (nothing'll ever beat Sunset Mission). It's completely devoid of any noise, pop, clicks, you name it, and very rich in sonic variety. 

Now someone one give us the opportunity to cross Midnight Radio off our wantlists.

2 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

I did just now. I know there's plenty of talk about how extraordinarily bad the recent PIAS reissues are supposed to be, but most of that is via discogs, so it can easily be neglected. I bought all the reissues and didn't have a single dud. None of them, safe for Gore Motel which is not part of the PIAS reissue campaign, are fantastic, but they all sound very good. 

Geisterfaust is my personal favorite of the bunch, pressing-wise (nothing'll ever beat Sunset Mission). It's completely devoid of any noise, pop, clicks, you name it, and very rich in sonic variety. 

Now someone one give us the opportunity to cross Midnight Radio off our wantlists.

I'll agree with you on every single point:

- nothing extraordinary regarding pressing quality, but all sound good

- Geisterfaust, pressing-wise, is my favorite

- Sunset Mission my fav overall

- Give us f*ckin' Midnight Radio (+ Gore Motel as a regular press)