Another Ben Weasel color

you guys see this?

10/03 UPDATE!

Everyone's interest in this thing keeps blowing us away, and the demand is definitely exceeding our expectations... and pressing numbers! So seeing as how this is the only physical release of the album, and we don't want to leave any fans out in the cold, we're adding an additional 500 records to the press. I wouldn't call it a second press because we tacked it onto the order before the initial 1000 were even done at the pressing plant, but call it what you like. These 500 will be on a new color as well: CLEAR LIGHT BLUE! So with this, hopefully everyone who really wants the record will be able to get one, and those of you who already nabbed the rare colors can rest assured that you still have the rare shit!

That being said, you can still order the brown vinyl from VinylCollective.com here...

PRE-ORDER BROWN VINYL

The blue will go out to most distros and should be fairly easy to find. The remaining copies of the tan/green and the maroon that weren't a part of VinylCollective's pre-order will also go out randomly to various distros, so you gotta do some hunting if you want 'em...

PRESSING INFO:

700 clear brown

500 clear light blue

200 clear maroonish

100 tan/green swirl

ALL THE LPs WILL INCLUDE A CD OF THE ALBUM!!!

Though its possible there may be re-presses of the vinyl one day, this will be the only time there will be a CD version.

Thanks again to everyone who has ordered and been patient with us! Just a couple more weeks...

in edmond records defense, the folks at Doghouse were pushing Mike hard to do more of the tan/green and maroon and the compromise was to do a 4th color. I think that as far as compromises go, this was a good one. It would have been pretty lame to get the limited colors only to find out that more were being pressed of the maroon and tan/green.

we should have the records in early next week and will ship them then.

I am trying to secure a good number of hte light clear blue. stay tuned!

yeah, sorry to everyone who thinks adding the fourth color is kinda lame. i totally see where you're coming from, and believe me, i had reservations about it too. but we seriously didn't think those 1000 would go so fast. and seeing as how we're not doing some huge promotion for this (hardly any actually, which is why its been so surprising), i'm sure there are a decent number of Weasel fans out there who aren't going to hear about it until a little later down the line, and i'd still want them to be able to grab one once they do. hopefully these extra 500 will buy a little extra time for those people. if its any consolation you can rest assured that this is it for this version of the release. any future repressings (if any happen) will be totally changed up and will not include the CD.

as with the other colors, this site will be your best bet. i'm sure virgil will do a post as soon as everything is confirmed.

Oh shit, we have a bonafide celebrity in our midst. Welcome to the boards, Mike!

PS - Please don't hate me for not emailing you back the other month! Leslie told me to but I forgot because I am an idiot.

Looks like virgil got more clear maroonish BW vinyl...limited to 200!!!

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/edrec001-1cmish?sck=12799438

our store is on crack. after selling out of certain titles, I think that if people don't pay for the item, it goes back in the store. In either case, get them while you can.

and I just put blue in the store.