Anyone else play Magic The Gathering?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so while cleaning out my basement last week my wife found my old magic cards from the early/mid 90s. how do I figure out what cards are from what series? I honestly cant remember

Yeah, what randy said. Luckily with the new set they've added easy to read info that helps catalogue. But some of the really old cards don't have set symbols so you have to go off of some crazy qualifiers.

Even though I'm not playing anymore, glad to see Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth get a reprint. I might pick some up in case I start playing again.

Yeah man! It's always rad to see $40 cards get reprintings. Same with chord of calling in m15. I'm totally cool paying $12-15 on staples like that.

Yeah man! It's always rad to see $40 cards get reprintings. Same with chord of calling in m15. I'm totally cool paying $12-15 on staples like that.

Right?! And Urborg was preordering at like...$5. So I figure in a month or two I should be able to grab a playset for under $15, sit on them and watch them go up to about $10 apiece again.  I wouldn't mind making an EDH deck or 15 again...

Those were the only things worth mentioning besides the promo from the box. Very happy with it. I usually have shit luck with those prerelease boxes. I also don't have a single Planeswalker. That's maddening since all my friends do and I have no way to kill them.

magic-the-gathering-perfuraco-letal-drea??

Went to the local shop while they were drafting from the new set on Friday. The owner was super nice and gave a 30 card promo deck for each color, dice and various other things. He introduced us to a guy who teaches classes on Sundays. Seemed like a nice guy. Ended up having a blast playing and bought a fat pack and a deck builder toolkit. I got two plane walkers and a bunch of awesome cards. Started playing the video game too.

• 1 month later...

I dig it. I got out of Magic a couple months ago and sold all my cards, but this, coupled with fetch reprints makes me want to get back in.

Haha! Nah, you just have to find new friends!

I had a group of friends I played EDH with each week, and when someone played a douchy deck (infi-combo, turn 3 type shit.) we'd just say, great, you get first place, now we're going to pick up where you were a dick and finish out our game. Really cuts the bullshit out pretty quickly when that person ends up sitting there for a half hour while the rest of you play a leisurely game of commander.

I dabble.

Bought the M14 set not long ago.

Mainly have a wolf deck.

The friend that got me into it saw that I had Slivers and he traded me some wolfs/werewolves for a couple Slivers.

Apparently he's always wanted a Sliver deck, but never committed.

But never been to any tournaments or anything.

Not that much of a fan.

But it's fun.

• 2 weeks later...