Cassette Player

So I've been collecting some cassettes recently but haven't been able to pick up a cassette player. I was just wondering some recommendations?

Not looking for anything too fancy, and saving money is always a plus, but I'm mainly looking for something that won't ruin my cassettes. Which could be a risk if I buy a used one, I assume?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

you always need a sacrificial cassette when testing second hand tape machines.

Buy some used blanks from thrift stores and garage sales, some of the blanks you will be able to wipe and use and some can be used as test cassettes

Used blanks are worth a listen though as sometimes there are some gems on them.

As far as machines go there are still a lot of very good machines around for no money but they are getting harder to find. Do a bit of research, there are a couple of good vintage cassette websites around.

I found this guide to be a pretty good starting point : http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/taping-guide/part1.html

My advice would be do a little research and then hit up some thrift stores, pawn shops and check out Craigslist.  eBay works too, but shipping a cassette deck is a little pricy.