Anybody use Delicious Library to catalog vinyl?

you can make it work, just not quite as automatic as some of the other things delicious monster does. What I did was just locate the cd in amazon, then edit the format to LP or EP (as appropriate) and it'll change the image it has on the "shelf" to a record instead of a CD.

Or if you're lucky and the sleeve has a barcode and it is actually found on amazon it'll add it to your library like everything else.

and of course there is the spreadsheet route, if you want to keep it local to your mac you can use 'numbers' the newish apple spreadsheet app. Or the open office spreadsheet app which is free. If you are ok using internet resources then you got the google spreadsheets or one of the record list websites.

Personally I use whats in my sig.

I would move from Excel to Access or some actual database software. I started with Access years ago, but now moved over to Open Office. A database program gives you more sorting and reports options. A spreadsheet is more for tracking numerical figures. With a database program, I create a report that sorts my collection alpha by artist, then by year, then by catalog number. I also create a report listed alpha by catalog # so I can see any holes in my label collection. You can also create searches or queries to search for info in any field. etc, etc.

me neither, but i love it. it's better for cds, obviously, but you can make it work with vinyl. sometimes it's just a matter of including "vinyl" in the search field after the album title. that works pretty frequently. or you can add the cd version and edit the format to vinyl LP. or you not be a bum an enter the deets by hand.

I stole this earlier this week, and it's super awesome. I especially love the barcode scanner thing, and ended up scanning every book in my dorm because I just thought it was that cool. A few Mac sites have a preview of Delicious Library 2, and it looks about twice as cool. A few features: iTunes integration (click an album to play it), HTML export, support for 10"s and 7"s, waaaay more sorting tools, and sell used on Amazon with one click. The rest is here: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/03/03/exclusive_preview_delicious_monsters_delicious_library_2_0.html