Com Truise - In Decay releasing on July 15th!

Is Ghostly particularly bad at responding to issues? 

My Tobacco jacket was almost totally unglued on top so I asked for a replacement - they said they'd update me.. that was a few weeks ago. A few days ago sent them an email about my In Decay being warped and no response :(

My purple Wave 1 sounds really bad, like constant crackling throughout one side, unlistenable. I emailed them right after i got it asking if i could exchange it even for a black copy and I was CC'ed on an email to someone else asking if it were possible and I never got a response. I ended up sending another email a few months later and they never responded. 

Is Ghostly particularly bad at responding to issues?

My Tobacco jacket was almost totally unglued on top so I asked for a replacement - they said they'd update me.. that was a few weeks ago. A few days ago sent them an email about my In Decay being warped and no response :(

Honestly, yeah, they are. I emailed them two years ago because I had bad seam splits with my Galactic Melt and it took forever to get a response. When I finally was in touch with someone there, he didn't really come off as very helpful. Keep pestering them though until you get what you want.

I've only ever had to contact Ghostly about an issue once, when my mail carrier had bent my copy of the second pressing of Galactic Melt to fit it into my mailbox, but they responded to my email and sent me another copy within a week.

I don't think they're necessarily bad at responding to issues, they're just inconsistent.

I've only ever had to contact Ghostly about an issue once, when my mail carrier had bent my copy of the second pressing of Galactic Melt to fit it into my mailbox

Ah, goddammit.  Right after reading this post - almost on cue - my In Decay showed up on my doorstep.  You know how you can sometimes inspect a package, and some of the creases on the mailer itself, and just know that the record inside is fucked?  That's what happened today.  Nice line / "corner" crease that runs a good 7" across the mailer.  Opened it up with weary optimism and sure enough, both bottom corners are totally folded.  I'm usually not one to bitch about a corner ding or whatever, but "US Media Mail" shipping was $6.21 on this.  Approximately twice as much as it costs to actually ship Media Mail.  I've never had an issue with their packaging before, but those few extra dollars definitely didn't go to additional packaging material.  I doubt that a cardboard sandwich would've prevented all the damage and creasing, but that paper grid-wrap thing certainly didn't do much.

Ah, goddammit.  Right after reading this post - almost on cue - my In Decay showed up on my doorstep.  You know how you can sometimes inspect a package, and some of the creases on the mailer itself, and just know that the record inside is fucked?  That's what happened today.  Nice line / "corner" crease that runs a good 7" across the mailer.  Opened it up with weary optimism and sure enough, both bottom corners are totally folded.  I'm usually not one to bitch about a corner ding or whatever, but "US Media Mail" shipping was $6.21 on this.  Approximately twice as much as it costs to actually ship Media Mail.  I've never had an issue with their packaging before, but those few extra dollars definitely didn't go to additional packaging material.  I doubt that a cardboard sandwich would've prevented all the damage and creasing, but that paper grid-wrap thing certainly didn't do much.

Damn, that sucks. I've been curious about the grid-wrap thing as well, in terms of its effectiveness. I know they haven't been using it for very long, but if peoples' shit keeps getting bent, it's probably not serving its purpose very well.

Damn, that sucks. I've been curious about the grid-wrap thing as well, in terms of its effectiveness. I know they haven't been using it for very long, but if peoples' shit keeps getting bent, it's probably not serving its purpose very well.

Yeah, I've always been a little skeptical as well.  I think it'd work great in conjunction with a cardboard slab or two.  This is probably my fourth record from their webstore, but only the first damaged one.  Maybe I got lucky in the past?  Already shot them an e-mail, but copied it into a notepad just in case persistence is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on my aforementioned replacement, but Ghostly got back to me 3-4 days after my first e-mail.  All it took was a second (friendly) message - since it was mentioned in this thread that persistence is key - and they immediately responded to it, apologizing for the lack of a reply.  They also said they'd send an entire new copy my way, even though I'm only really after the jacket.  Excellent customer service, and my concerns have subsided.  Fingers are crossed that the replacement shows up in better shape than the first one.  If so, I may have an orange copy to raffle off in the very near future.

• 5 months later...

They also said they'd send an entire new copy my way, even though I'm only really after the jacket.  Excellent customer service, and my concerns have subsided.  Fingers are crossed that the replacement shows up in better shape than the first one.  If so, I may have an orange copy to raffle off in the very near future.

So this was July 29th.  My replacement copy never showed up, so I gave up.  They also stopped responding to my inquiries after a couple of weeks, so I just let it go.

Yesterday - as in January 28th, 2015 - I received a package from Ghostly.  No shipping confirmation or other e-mail notification.  Knowing that I hadn't pre/ordered anything from them, I was a little curious as to what it could be.  But as I was unboxing it, I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be great if this was my Com Truise replacement?"

And sure enough; it was.  A mint condition copy in pristine shape.  Slid it open to reveal black vinyl, so I'll just be swapping the jacket and either gifting the replacement to a friend, or selling it for the cost of shipping here at VC.  What a delayed resolution, though... and without any prodding or inquiries from me, since August of last year.