PO: Watered - Some Are Born Into the Endless night (FFO: ITTCT, Audrey Fall, dark post-rock)

YES...I need to download this asap. Anyone listen yet?

EDIT: Ambiguity Pt II...dayum...

EDIT PT II: The album as a whole isn't immediately grasping me as much as the first one, but it seems to be a more cohesive album start to finish. Think this will grow on me more in the long run though. I feel like there are a lot of subtleties I'll pick up on with each listen. And I did enjoy the unexpected finish to the album.

im clearly liking this new one better.

way better

Yeah, this release is exceptionally solid.  It's tough for me to say which release I like "better" - since I'm brand new to this band - but the new album's tracks feel lengthier and perhaps better constructed.  I really wasn't paying attention to where one song ended and another began, but I do recall stumbling across quite a few holy shit, this is kind of awesome moments, sprinkled all throughout the record.  I think it impressed me more than a lot of post-rock albums do, on the first listen.  Can't wait to see how it grows on me.

I can't quit listening to either album. I finish the new one & then immediately wanna listen to the first. And vice versa.

These songs have serious longevity. Even though I, too, am new to this band, I can usually tell if I'll get sick of something eventually. And I'm not even 1% sick of either album, even though it's all I'm listening to right now.

Can we talk about how great "Vanitas" is?

Yeah, it's fantastic... the whole enchilada, a great closer (I love the opener, too)

Spoiler alert ...aka boring alert (yawn)

Early on in the track I hear so many elements of unexpected bands like Nadja, the heaviness of Omega Massif, and King Crimson's track Red (mathiness/syncopation) for just a few measures on the low ends, yet also there is always the uplifting and promise of the everpresent tremolo picking of postrock guitar on the high end.  

THEN, we get a descent into black metal vocals and more heaviness that really was unexpected (for me).

Next, some spoken vocals, with some fairly pedestrian but good background music supporting this until they've played out...and I'm wondering "now what?"

Some coo's...and then it's over.  :(

That's my ears on it.... and then my media player is rolling right into To Those Who Will Never Exist - thank goodness!

Bump to get some fresh eyes on this. Album is incredible & gets better with each listen. Every song has a "holy shit" moment like Derek mentioned. Hope it's not much longer to get these. Dying to spin it.

Don, you're totally right about the unexpected vocals/heaviness of Vanitas. Song starts off intense, calms down for little bit, then just explodes into mayhem before simmering into the end. A perfect closer IMO. I couldn't imagine hiw good that one has to be live.