Buy 2, Get 1 Free at barnsandnoble.com (BN.com)

I finally received III today to complete my order and although the wait was loooong, I am more than happy to have gotten Zep III for free.

FYI...All 3 records were shipped via different methods and speeds so it's possible they are filling orders from outside their company.

In the end, a great deal! Records sound great to me and I'm happy to finally have them in my collection

Rho.. It might be worth one last call if you still want it cause its free, etc.

If it shows in stock right now, give a call and it might get one shipped to you. I was waiting forever for my I & III and eventually they both showed in stock online. I waited a day and no movement so I called and they gave me the "what a coincidence you called, they are marking them to ship today!"

They shipped the next day.

FYI

If it shows in stock right now, give a call and it might get one shipped to you. I was waiting forever for my I & III and eventually they both showed in stock online. I waited a day and no movement so I called and they gave me the "what a coincidence you called, they are marking them to ship today!"

FYI

Hmm... good to know haha thanks! I've contacted them via the chat app when they were listed as in stock and that didn't help. I'll have to try calling them instead.

FYI

Same thing happened to me. I did a live chat, and they said "actually, that is shipping out later today!" even though it was in stock for a week.

So, like a few of you, I also only received two of my records. One of the was the free one, so I have only been charged for one record and have received two.

I just called up B&N spoke with Jackie (whose name I'm writing in the post so I can find it again if I need to have them check the recording), and she told me my extension on the third item is almost up and it will be automatically canceled at that point.

She then told me...wait for it...I would NOT be charged for the free record. I explained the situation a few times and had her repeat it back to me that I wouldn't be charged.

My question...has anyone ACTUALLY been charged for their free record after not receiving the third one?

Isn't Barnes And Noble shipping for vinyl a big steamy pile of garbage? I've heard a lot of people who have been burned by B&N sales before.

I'm a B&N member and use them for online vinyl purchases (just as a side note since this sale is over).    They seem to use the same warehouses as Amazon, as does Bestbuy.com.   Outside of the similar packaging and inner return labels, I know BestBuy definitely uses the same warehouse as I had recently gotten a few CD's shipped to me that weren't for me -- a BestBuy label was on the outside, but on the inside was an Amazon receipt.  I figure the person in the warehouse messed up and slapped the wrong label on it.

With that in mind, they now use a a slightly more stiff packaging material.  Still not as good as a SoundStageDirect, but improving.  At least their returns have been fairly painless.

(Note: I did call Amazon to see if they wanted the CD's back and to inform the poor guy who obviously wasn't getting his CD's).  :)

I'm still waiting on Nevermind and Foo Fighters

If they show in stock, I would try calling them and get a live person to help. I have a feeling,based on my experience and the stories others have told, that their system forgot about or glitched the orders once this extension nonsense kicked off.

Just a guess. But I bet having a live person look at it is what got me back on track... for what it's worth.

So, like a few of you, I also only received two of my records. One of the was the free one, so I have only been charged for one record and have received two.

I just called up B&N spoke with Jackie (whose name I'm writing in the post so I can find it again if I need to have them check the recording), and she told me my extension on the third item is almost up and it will be automatically canceled at that point.

She then told me...wait for it...I would NOT be charged for the free record. I explained the situation a few times and had her repeat it back to me that I wouldn't be charged.

My question...has anyone ACTUALLY been charged for their free record after not receiving the third one?

I have received my free record, have 1 that keeps getting pushed back and 1 that was cancelled (by them) after getting pushed back a month. After the 1 got cancelled, they did charge me for the free one, so I think you'll be good. Now we'll just have to wait and see if they charge me for my free one when both of the other 2 get cancelled haha

I'm still waiting on Nevermind and Foo Fighters

I ordered Nevermind, they pushed it back a month and I did the extension thing and they cancelled it on their own outside of that. So I'm kind of surprised yours wasn't cancelled as well. But I'm guessing it will be eventually.

I have received my free record, have 1 that keeps getting pushed back and 1 that was cancelled (by them) after getting pushed back a month. After the 1 got cancelled, they did charge me for the free one, so I think you'll be good. Now we'll just have to wait and see if they charge me for my free one when both of the other 2 get cancelled haha

Wait...they did charge you for the free one?

Wait...they did charge you for the free one?

Nope. They pulled the cost of the one that was cancelled out of the total. Still waiting to see if the other one gets shipped. If it gets cancelled I'm curious as to what they'll do because that would mean I'd get a free record for nothing. But as of right now, my order has 1 record I'll pay for and 1 free one, so if you paid for at least one I'm pretty confident you'll be fine.

I ordered the Zeppelin records and they sent I and II but III was backordered. I was charged for the first two and the free one was the backordered one. Based on recent posts in this thread, I realized I better contact them. They replied promptly and apologized profusely and said they'll ship it out. So thanks to those for sharing their experiences.

Nope. They pulled the cost of the one that was cancelled out of the total. Still waiting to see if the other one gets shipped. If it gets cancelled I'm curious as to what they'll do because that would mean I'd get a free record for nothing. But as of right now, my order has 1 record I'll pay for and 1 free one, so if you paid for at least one I'm pretty confident you'll be fine.

"Buy One Get One Free" works for me. Mine should be auto-cancelling any day now, so I'll wait and see.

My 30 day extension for Led Zeppelin I Deluxe was more than 30 days ago, so I chatted with someone today to try to find out when it would cancel on it's own. That eventually led to the person asking me to call customer service and ask for a supervisor. I did that, got a supervisor on the phone and she said that the warehouse that the record is supposed to ship from was showing it in inventory. She said she was going to contact them and anticipated that I would get a shipping confirmation in the next 24 hours, and that if it hadn't shipped by Monday she would contact me with an update. I don't believe her, but we'll see what happens come Monday haha Hopefully the damn thing finally ships.

I called today and the gentleman I spoke with spoke broken English and wanted to refund me for the first two zep LPs thinking they were lost in transit. I kept trying to tell him I have them sitting in front of me but I want the last copy in my order...after about ten minutes of waiting on hold he apparently said it was "released to be processed". Talk about a confusing phone call but fingers crossed I get my Zep I deluxe and it arrives mint...hahaha