PO: King Woman – Dove / Fond Affections (Kristina Esfandiari, aka Miserable)

Hey guys,

Just a heads up on The Native Sound's next release:

Today we're excited to announce our next release, Dove / Fond Affections, a cassingle/ digital single by Kristina Esfandiari's King Woman! Following her debut EP as Miserable, Kristina returns to her original solo-moniker for her second release as King Woman.

Building on the haunting folk of 2013’s Degrida / Sick Bed single, “Dove” is a slow-burning, muscular, and above all, monstrous song. Clocking in at over 15 minutes, it is by far the most emotive of Kristina’s recent compositions. “Fond Affections”, a cover of the classic Rema-Rema song follows, and although it is slightly less expansive in it’s seven minute run-time, it is equally powerful and poignant. Kristina’s take on the 4AD standard made popular by This Mortal Coil is nothing short of gorgeous – a true testament to her development as a songwriter, and a hint of what’s to come from this project’s future releases.

Dove / Fond Affections will be available on June 17th as both a digital download and on a limited edition cassingle. The cassette tape will be pressed on three variants (White, Clear, and Purple), each limited to just 50 copies, fit with a three-panel J-card. The cassingle will also include a bonus track – B. Wild’s remix of “Dove”.

Look out for song premieres beginning with "Dove" on Friday!

Pressing info:

150 Tapes

50 – Purple

50 – White

50 – Clear

Pre-order: http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/529777-king-woman-dove-fond-affections

Pre-order bundles: http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/categories/all-products

Front_Cover_small.jpeg

sold. don't even need to wait til Friday to hear it because this lady + The Native Sound can do no wrong.

(i can't believe there are still copies left of the Miserable 7". people need to buy that.)

Aw, thanks dude! I appreciate the kind words. Less than 50 of those Miserable 7"s left... we're getting there, haha.

I posted it in there earlier today.  Didn't waste anytime ordering one either, pretty excited for this.

I had no idea that thread even existed. Thanks man

Stoked on this. Julio- this should be a maxi single on 12"!

That was the original idea, actually, ha! It was a fairly last minute release though, and tapes were the only format we could press in time for the King Woman tour. I'm hoping to press it on a maxi 12" in the future though. The songs are SO good. I can't wait for everyone to hear them.

So wait this is a different band from miserable? Was she just in whirr for Around? I'm so confused

Kristina was in Whirr for the recording/ touring of Around. She now records and tours with two solo projects, Miserable and King Woman. This particular release is her second King Woman release. She also has two releases under Miserable – a split with Grey Zine, and an EP.

From the interview I read, like Austin stated above, she gives a different vocal presentation in each project. Also, what I gathered most is she is dealing some heavy issues from her past/childhood that she perceives in a very negative way- is chucking all of it - and what came out of this struggle is more or less the long track on the purple cassette that arrived in my mailbox today.

• 3 months later...

For those of you that missed it, Sleep Genius has another cassingle of hers up for sale : http://www.sleep-genius.com/

Woah, never thought I'd see Sleep Genius mentioned around here. Brad is a good dude. You guys should check out Marc Manning (he played on that first cassingle by Kristina on Sleep Genius) and Tied To The Branches. Lights Like Fans, Bullets Like Rain is one of the best albums I've ever heard.