So I went and bought a Judge Chung King Today

When I pressed the send money icon at paypal, I felt excited, sick, dumb and anxious all at the same time.

I mean, I have always wanted one and never thought I would ever have the opportunity. This was the white whale of white whales.

On the other hand I just spent more for a record than it cost to take my family on vacation to Hawaii or my wife's engagement ring.

I'm sure this feeling will pass once I get the record and it is safely in my collection.

Anyone else had this feeling?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit! $3500? Good god...

And I haven't felt that way yet about a vinyl release, simply because I've never spent anywhere in that vicinity for anything. I hope it's worth it to you though, because there'd be nothing worse than dropping that much on something you realize you don't want. I'm sure that won't be an issue though. :)

No ebay. The guy was posting at B9 and Deathwish. He had two offers of $3000 to start. he also has a Chain of Strength True till Death with silver sleeve and a Floorpunch on orange. Absolutely crucial straight edge hardcore vinyl.

Ok, the ring was a bit more. ;) I was going for the effect man!!!!

i know its 2008 and i know this is more or less the "holy grail" of hardcore records but 3500? fuck. crazy to think they were just starting to break the $1000 mark in 05 and people thought that was nuts. im not a huge judge fan and i happen to think this record is pretty terrible but i understand its importance and enigma surrounding the release. who did you buy it from? make sure you register it with rev once its in your hands.

back when i was working with rev i saw the vault that had some of the most insane variants. about 5 chung kings, the lion sleeve warzone 7", some chain crew 7"s. it was the weirdest thing actually seeing those records in person after reading all the hype about them where they actually become more like legend and folklore.

i know its 2008 and i know this is more or less the "holy grail" of hardcore records but 3500? fuck. crazy to think they were just starting to break the $1000 mark in 05 and people thought that was nuts. im not a huge judge fan and i happen to think this record is pretty terrible but i understand its importance and enigma surrounding the release. who did you buy it from? make sure you register it with rev once its in your hands.

back when i was working with rev i saw the vault that had some of the most insane variants. about 5 chung kings, the lion sleeve warzone 7", some chain crew 7"s. it was the weirdest thing actually seeing those records in person after reading all the hype about them where they actually become more like legend and folklore.

I know. I have more money than sense. But it wasn't really about the money as much as the opportunity. Living in nowhere Canada, there was never a chance to get it. They don't show up on ebay and if they ever do get ready for sniper-fest! It seems the people that had it from the start were band guys, scenesters or the luckiest guys on the planet. I am at a place in my life where I could do it financially, but believe me it is weirding me out big time.

I know. I have more money than sense. But it wasn't really about the money as much as the opportunity. Living in nowhere Canada, there was never a chance to get it. They don't show up on ebay and if they ever do get ready for sniper-fest! It seems the people that had it from the start were band guys, scenesters or the luckiest guys on the planet. I am at a place in my life where I could do it financially, but believe me it is weirding me out big time.

Well congrats dude! You've got the Holy Grail of vinyl, and if you can afford it, hats off to you man. You don't need to justify it to anyone. Enjoy it, and take incredible care of it.

Well congrats dude! You've got the Holy Grail of vinyl, and if you can afford it, hats off to you man. You don't need to justify it to anyone. Enjoy it, and take incredible care of it.

From one Canadian to another, thanks man! +1

im not knocking you by any means. its your money and you spend it as you please. congrats on getting it. i havent followed what they have been going for lately but remember the last one i saw on ebay was being sold by sammy siegler.

Matt, that is exactly what I'm talking about!! The last one I saw was sold by a guy that Mike Judge gave one to. Just crazy.

Tell me all about the Rev vault. I'm giddy!

Rev vault have any Quicksand - Manic test presses?

i love manic compression but come on, slip!

as for the vault those 3 that i mentioned were the 3 big things they had. granted there were lots of other "classic" rev stuff. most of the variants from 1-9 but that lion/horse warzone stuff is basically one of a kind. only dude i know that actually owns one is larry ransom, used to work for rev and was the singer for envy (the buffalo, ny hardcore band)

Hey Matt,

Have you noticed the increase in all early Rev releases? Bringin It Down on green is at least 5x as much as it was three years ago. Same with the Together comp 7 inch, Gorilla Biscuits Start Today on purple and don't get me started on a Lower East Side Crew on clear! What do you think is accounting for it? Weak US dollar and more Europeans getting in on the action? Maybe it's just time? I would like your thoughts.