So I went and bought a Judge Chung King Today

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not knocking you by any means. its your money and you spend it as you please. congrats on getting it. i havent followed what they have been going for lately but remember the last one i saw on ebay was being sold by sammy siegler.

Matt, that is exactly what I'm talking about!! The last one I saw was sold by a guy that Mike Judge gave one to. Just crazy.

Tell me all about the Rev vault. I'm giddy!

*I didn't know the creater of Beavis and Butthead was a hardcore fan.

*joke

My wife's engagement ring was actually fairly cheap. We knew where to go and bought the diamond and the setting separate. It's still not a huge ring but it's exactly what she wanted, so that's cool.

Mine was titanium (three diamond set in the band). Then I lost it about three months into our marriage. Now I have a $10 ring from hot topic. Ghey.

Guest baseball

Holy shit. Spending $3500 on an engagement ring was hard for me to swallow (I'm conservative with money). I can't imagine spending that much on a record though, ever.

Congrats though, you have to do what makes you happy!

Hey Matt,

Have you noticed the increase in all early Rev releases? Bringin It Down on green is at least 5x as much as it was three years ago. Same with the Together comp 7 inch, Gorilla Biscuits Start Today on purple and don't get me started on a Lower East Side Crew on clear! What do you think is accounting for it? Weak US dollar and more Europeans getting in on the action? Maybe it's just time? I would like your thoughts.

just a combination of all those things. for whatever reason it seems the euros are accounting for a lot of those releases. im sure it comes to the fact that a lot of people are growing up and finally having the income to afford those records and since its ebay its not really showing patience for the buyer. they see it then, they want it now. its strange to think that the early rev releases are getting put into the same bracket as the original dischord and touch and go records.

Incredible. I only read the first page, so sorry if you've talked about this, but what are you going to do with it?

Well, I guess first I am going to register it with Revelation and then take a few thousand pictures of it and post them here and at deadformat.

Update my HYE list, listen to it a couple times and then file it between my Judas Factor - Kiss Suicide and Judge - Bringin It Down.

Believe me, this is a once in a lifetime deal. I have never before nor will I ever again spend this amount on any one record. At the same time I was spending up to a grand a month on ebay buying color variations of records I already had, so if I stop using ebay for the summer, I will have broken even on spending.

I still can't believe I did it, so I will let you know if the juice is worth the squeeze.