charity walk aka my stupid dog is very competitive

so sunday morning julie and i are going to that kindey transplant benefit walk i had mentioned a few weeks ago. she was psyched because her boss was going to be there and she could talk with her about an upcoming promotion she is going for, and i was just happy to have time to take one of my dogs out for a nice walk on the beach.

so we're hanging around waiting for it to start, joedog got to eat a couple doughnuts, and meet some other dogs that were doing the walk.. there was a bunch of dudes in wheelchairs that had just gotten kidney transplants that were doing it too.. so that was cool to see.

so we;re getting ready to start... theres a couple hundred people there... and mind you its not a competitive thing.. just a leisurely walk.. or so i thought... they start the race... joedog (who is about a 70lb lab/chow mix and generally acts like a 5 year old chilld with ADD after 6 redbulls) just takes off... hauling ass... and dragging me with him... i figure this will stop after the first mile or so... well 5 miles later hes still dragging me. We finish like 5th behind all the serious runners... he's all bouncing around happy as shit... and now i have golfball sized blisters on both my heels and the balls of my feet.

stupid dog.