VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread Season 2: The Second One

I would suggest keeping a player for a maximum of two years. Since there are several new owners to the league, I think all players kept this year going into the draft should be considered as their first year of keeper eligibility. This should not affect any players kept over the previous years. For example, if someone already has kept Peyton Manning for two years, he would be grandfathered in to keep him for an additional two years.

The only issue I could see with this is how we determine the draft rounds for these keepers. If the same principle is used as the VC Baseball league, would someone slotted as their first round keeper be ineligible to be kept next year? In baseball all first round keepers are placed into the free agent pool the following year. I personally think which rounds the owners determine their keeper should not matter.  As long as Mike, or anyone else, could keep track of how long a player has been kept, I don’t see many issues arising if we use this keeper process.

I hope this makes sense.

that makes sense, and I can keep track of keepers easily, just not trades.  I think what we need to determine right now is a draft date.  I assume everyone can do evenings, or possibly weekends.  The first game of the season is on Thursday September 3rd (GO PACKERS), so we should definitely have the draft before August 31st.  What days of the weeks work best for you all?  do we have west coasters still?  

I personally dont think we should be able to trade players before the draft. i dont want to keep track of all of that, and with new members in the league, I believe trading in the offseason only works if the teams remain the same (ownerwise) from season to season. So this COULD be something to look at for next year, but for this year no trading before the draft.

also, do we want to install a rule, starting now, on how many years we can keep a player on our roster? like our MLB keeper league, we keep up to 4 players, players assigned for the first two picks can only be kept for one year, players kept in the 3rd-4th slot can be kept for this year AND next year, but if they're kept for next year they become FA the following year. Or would that be difficult with keeping only 3 slots, 1 per position for NFL?

I think keeping them for one year is fine. Gives everyone a shot at elite fantasy players.

Are we still doing $10 buy in this year?

It's not a deal breaker for me if we don't, I play for then fun and bc I like you guys. Just wasn't sure if it was agreed and I missed it or something.

Completely forgot about this. I'm also cool either way but if there is money on the line it would a lot more exciting.

sorry troy full league, but i'll keep you in mind for next year if someone doesnyt return!

keepers have been set unless Malone replies back to my PM!  Draft will run last place to first place each of the first three rounds, and starting the fourth round it will start last to first in a snake format.  

if everyuone is good with the $10 buyin, i'll email my paypal info tonight!  Do we want to do a payout like last year?  $70/20/10?