Photos of Screeching Weasel, Queers, and Off with

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

So we ended up getting the represses of Screeching Weasel, Queers, and Off with Their Heads in late last night and due to the number of orders for Norma Jean and Sparta, we did not get to these last night. We are working hard to get these out today, but some may not go out til tomorrow.

As you can see from the colors, they are not exactly as described. This is due to the fact that most of the plants in the United States are having colored vinyl shortages. Seems implausible I know, but it is in fact the case. Because of this, the recent Recess represses look more like the No Idea Grey which results from a combination of leftover colored vinyl and black vinyl.

There is word that there are different color varieties with the represses and for those of you who ordered more than one copy, we will pull copies from different boxes hoping to get you different color varieties. No guarantees though.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, hickey... looks like you got some work ahead of you with the unknown variants/shades of gray.

not really what i was expecting and im a little bummed but oh well. im not going to complain

Yeah. I have six copies coming (3 from VC, 3 from Recess) but if the variations are only slight I'm not too worried.

its funny that a splatter/swirl/half&half record will get all the praise in the world, which more often than not looks terribly tacky, but god forbid one of these gray "abominations" come out. as far as aesthetics go ill take this over a wacky splatter any day of the week but more importantly these records are repressed and are now affordable to everyone. im stoked to finally get this screeching weasel lp at a price i want because at the end of the day im paying for music not for some "color."

i suppose recess could have waited till the plant got more colored vinyl in but then theyd be bombarded with the impatient "omg its been "x" months since i pre-ordered this, how dare they! shame on you!"

damned if you do damned if you dont.

its funny that a splatter/swirl/half&half record will get all the praise in the world, which more often than not looks terribly tacky, but god forbid one of these gray "abominations" come out. as far as aesthetics go ill take this over a wacky splatter any day of the week but more importantly these records are repressed and are now affordable to everyone. im stoked to finally get this screeching weasel lp at a price i want because at the end of the day im paying for music not for some "color."

i suppose recess could have waited till the plant got more colored vinyl in but then theyd be bombarded with the impatient "omg its been "x" months since i pre-ordered this, how dare they! shame on you!"

Yeah, but come on... they look like carpet from the remainder bin

No reason people can't want both the superb tunage AND a record that looks cool.

i never said they couldnt but the jams are my priority and in a perfect world that would be the mindset of everyone else but like i said, different strokes for different folks.
'

yeah well when you own 2, 3, 4 or however many copies of the fucking record i think youre past the point of the "tunes" and on to the collecting/'visual' side of it.

i never said they couldnt but the jams are my priority and in a perfect world that would be the mindset of everyone else but like i said, different strokes for different folks.
'

yeah well when you own 2, 3, 4 or however many copies of the fucking record i think youre past the point of the "tunes" and on to the collecting/'visual' side of it.

i dont "collect," therefore i have no qualms.

so glad i thought twice about that screeching weasel. that is ass ugly.

I agree. Seriously, why would I want to own this record now? Sure it's one of the best punk records of all time and a classic, but OMG, the color is so ugly. No hipster dudes will ever want to suck me off with an ugly ass grey record on my turntable.