PO/TP: LaGrecia "On Parallels" vinyl/limited delux

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
This is the album of the year, hands down. That is, if Propagandhi doesn't put out an album. Jason, for a guy who apparently hates music, sure plays circles around his Philly cohorts.

He doesn't really hate music.

The key is to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

For the songs I haven't heard - it is not what I expected - but I LOVE it. I've been anticipating the release of this CD for a few months now. I had a chance to see them too, but for some stupid reason, I didn't attend. I think that people were expecting "This is Satire" ( Which in my opinion was softer than the other NMB releases).

Favorite Songs I haven't heard - Hey Medic, Can't Go Back to Daddy's, The Montage

Favorite Songs I have heard - According To My Notes, My Lightning, Baseball/Ghosts (Like the original version better), Manass, Two Shotguns (Youtube Acoustic version the best)

I really don't get a lot of the critiques but then again I thought 80% of all NMB stuff was boring as shit. So I really don't know what the kids like. I'll admit there's a few songs on this I'm less stoked about, but as a whole I really like it. I think it's a much better "whole album" than anything NMB did. Now, NMB may have had some better songs but god they had some absolute snoozers too.

Honestly, I didn't really have any expectations. I never got into Kid Dynamite (I don't hate them, but I never bought any records so I know almost nothing about them). I'm a casual NMB fan, don't hate them, but I don't think they're the best. I just bought this because I figured it'd be good. After one listen it's just not something I'm in to.

I was never into Kid Dynamite either. I am a pretty big NMB fan. My favorite Album is This is Satire. That ep Load about Loathing is excellent too. File Under Black is my least favorite - mostly good, but some songs I don't really care for. I agree - this cd as a whole is really good, but I'm not sure if we agree on if it is better than NMB

Guest Admin

for those of you who only listened to it once and gave up, do yourself a favor and give it some more spins. I made that mistake with "Dear You" by Jawbreaker way back in the day and rediscovered the album later and now it is one of my favorites. This album is a grower.