American Hardcore 7" box set (Child Bite, Hellmouth, Old Gods, Golden Torso) - 25 copies available

So Hellmouth, Child Bite, Old Gods and Golden Torso did a 7" series whereby the bands all covered American hardcore bands. Each band contributed a song or two to 5 different 7" records that were released as show-giveaway exclusives. They then made these pretty little silkscreened wood boxes for them. There were 25 sets left and they went on sale 90 minutes ago. No idea if there are any left, but here's your only chance to get one if you want it....

http://corpseflowerrecords.storenvy.com/products/9747853-american-hardcore-box-set

I have nothing to do with it, actually. Just spreading the word. 

Tons of people were asking the bands about it, so I imagine these copies won't last long.

Given that people routinely pay $23 for a single LP these days.....$50 for a fancy wood 5x7" box set seems pretty "reasonable" to me, especially when the all the money goes to charity. I dunno. Different strokes. 

I think the release being out of print is as smooth as it can go, so 100% success! :)

They released the 7"s one at a time. The 4 bands would play a show together every few months and the 7" was free for everyone who came to the show. There was a bit of a lull in the shows towards the end so the last show (which was a few weeks ago) they gave away the last 2 7"s to everyone who was there. They also printed up 100 of the wood boxes (I think there were 250 of each 7") and had those for sale separately as well as any leftover 7"s from the shows. I think they put aside a handful of boxes just for people from out of town and gave people ample notice when it was going on sale. Surprised they lasted 2 hours. Anyhow, cool project. I want to do something similar with Chicago bands for an alt-rock/grunge series. Maybe in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks forgeagain for spreading the word. i just came across this topic this morning. they did in fact sell out within an hour and we were able to give over $2000 to the Alternatives for Girls charity here in detroit. 

as far as the box goes, it was a great deal in all our collective opinions. it was a screen printed hand assembled box with 5 7". $50 is very  reasonable for all that and we made absolutely no money off it. 

the black flag 7" is definitely sold out but the MP3s are available upon request and the other 4 records are for sale at my webstore. $20 for all 4 with 4 dollar shipping or $5 for individuals. 

-kenny. 

Hi Kenny,

I sent an email to you about the BF mp3s and you told me to contact the label that originally released this. Can I email you back and you hook me up with the mp3s?

marc! yes, go ahead and email me again. the label that released them only has very few left and I have no idea how he's selling them, I offered to buy them and sell them at that cost but he's wanting $10 a piece and I didnt want to confuse people because the others are $5.