Damaged records in the mail: what's your limit and what do you do about it?

It wasn't a paper one, it was the printed one inside Everywhere and His Nasty Parlor Tricks. If it wasn't a crappy packing job I wouldn't even care.

Printed inner-sleeves are shit and frankly you should expect them to arrive split. That's just the nature of the game. 

Printed inner-sleeves are shit and frankly you should expect them to arrive split. That's just the nature of the game.

I wasn't really too upset about it. I was just down on his packing job. Had it not been so shifty inside the mailer, it probably would have been fine. I just try to put a lot of love in packing records, so I'm too judgements on other people's work. Seam splits on sleeves are definitely something I wouldn't shit my pants over, but when I feel like it was due to packing I might say a little "damnit" and just not leave eBay feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was just going to post a topic about this but since this is already here....here is my experience....my first online Vinyl purchase so I guess I didnt know what to expect, but from previous experiences with Amazon ordering all kinds of stuff from them I was expecting something pristine. 

I ordered the Metallica Death Magnetic 5 lp set from amazon, I know the mastering is bad on it and its not a good representation of Vinyl, but I think the set itself is cool and its a limited edition so I wanted to get one before I couldn't. Plus the price was right and the place only had 3 left....this is a third party fulfilled by amazon..not amazon itself. 

First one comes and the box is trashed...not the shipping box the actual box the albums are in....all 4 corners are a bit smashed and the black is rubbed off on all corners. Also the shrinkwrap is torn in multiple places. So I say this isnt acceptable and I contact Amazon everything goes fantastically. I cant speak more highly of the return process. So they say they will refund the one I got and to order another one with next day shipping and they will waive the fee for that too, I have prime, and just send the old one back. 

New one comes today..again all 4 corners are damaged though not nearly as badly as the first one and the shrinkwrap is also torn again...though again not nearly as badly this time.

Is this a common thing with LP box sets in the mail? Is the damage due to poor shipping packaging or is this place just sending out old damaged stuff they cant sell in their store?

From what Im reading here that's pretty common so I guess its probably best just dealing with this one and trying for a third is probably futile. . Im wondering if they are just clearing out the last few that have and they all have damage and thats why theyre not selling.