In Need of Vinyl for Wedding

thomasj182

Good morning/afternoon All,

I recently got engaged to a fantastic woman that I adore dearly and she's been planning our wedding for us. She figured out a way to get my second love, vinyl, involved in our wedding as part of the table center pieces, so we are in need of some black vinyl records (12's). They don't have to be in pristine condition but can't be too scuffed and it doesn't matter what the album is as the center sticker will be covered. I can't afford to pay a lot of money and I only have a few extra LP's to use so I was hoping some of you maybe have some old back LP's that you're not doing anything with. I'll pay shipping so you don't have to worry about that and of course we'll be hitting flea markets and yard sales over the next few months but I wanted to reach out here first to see if I could get a few. So if you have some old LP's  that you'd be willing to help me out with either pm me or leave a message here and I'll get back to you. 

Thanks,

T.J.

My wife and I did something similar too! We went to a few thrift shops to buy some old and cheap vinyl (a huge stack for $30, mostly crap). We made wedding programs using the record covers, and then spray-painted the centers of the records black and used a stencil to add a logo and our names to the vinyl. We had also thought about some other ideas to incorporate vinyl into our wedding in different ways, so if you or your fiancee wants to touch base with me, just send me a PM!

http://www.torontolife.com/galleries/real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel/#real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel-07

http://www.torontolife.com/galleries/real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel/#real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel-04

We used old records as record bowls for our centre pieces for our wedding. We went to a record store and got a bunch of vinyl for free that they were just throwing away!

You still picked through the records for some you'd like to keep right.

My wife and I did something similar too! We went to a few thrift shops to buy some old and cheap vinyl (a huge stack for $30, mostly crap). We made wedding programs using the record covers, and then spray-painted the centers of the records black and used a stencil to add a logo and our names to the vinyl. We had also thought about some other ideas to incorporate vinyl into our wedding in different ways, so if you or your fiancee wants to touch base with me, just send me a PM!

http://www.torontolife.com/galleries/real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel/#real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel-07

http://www.torontolife.com/galleries/real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel/#real-weddings-2013-alysse-and-daniel-04

That is awesome! I'm not sure what exactly she has in mind for them just yet but I'll show her these pics and tell her! Thank you!

We used old records as record bowls for our centre pieces for our wedding. We went to a record store and got a bunch of vinyl for free that they were just throwing away!

We checked the local salvation army and goodwill and no luck just yet, we live outside of Albany NY so with  bunch of colleges in the area the free vinyl surplus has kinda dried up unfortunately. We have adds out on craigslist for old vinyl so hopefully we get some hits on that, minus the dick pics!

I would definitely try this suggestion. Run by some place that sells used vinyl and ask if they have a bunch of stuff that they're getting rid of. Places around here stick stuff outside their door in a free bin sometimes.