Hardcore is totally SERIOUS BUSINESS

I don't go to tons of hardcore shows, but I've never seen anything bad.

I can agree with the crowd-surfing stuff. It's one thing if it is a hardcore concert and it's just pile-on mayhem.. I find that kind of fun myself. But if it's something more calm, like Brand New, you shouldn't be up there. If you must, fine, but keep your fucking feet up. I have some friends who used to rip kids down when they were crowd-surfing or steal shoes or whatever to try to get them to stop. I never decided how I felt about that.

I should have been more specific. People who complain about crowd surfers at punk and hardcore shows need to go stand in the back. If you're crowd surfing to the shins(which I've seen) you're just a douche bag.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't go to tons of hardcore shows, but I've never seen anything bad.

I can agree with the crowd-surfing stuff. It's one thing if it is a hardcore concert and it's just pile-on mayhem.. I find that kind of fun myself. But if it's something more calm, like Brand New, you shouldn't be up there. If you must, fine, but keep your fucking feet up. I have some friends who used to rip kids down when they were crowd-surfing or steal shoes or whatever to try to get them to stop. I never decided how I felt about that.

I should have been more specific. People who complain about crowd surfers at punk and hardcore shows need to go stand in the back. If you're crowd surfing to the shins(which I've seen) you're just a douche bag.

Crowd surfing should be reserved for Pearl Jam and any other grunge band. Crowd surfing has nothing to do with punk or hardcore, it started with grunge and should've died with grunge. And I don't think I should have to stand in the back to avoid taking a boot to the head or face. If you're going to crowd surf, be respectful of the people beneath you and if you do kick someone offer a quick apology.