PO: Fordirelifesake "Dance.Pretend.Forget.Defend" and "A Daydream Disaster" 2nd press - /100

Yep. Dance Pretend is down to one copy. 12 Daydreams left.  Holding on to a bit of a tiny reserve of both just in case there are any issues with damage or whatever, but those will probably end up going to band members/friends/etc. if they're not needed. 

Jackets should be in-hand today. Records tomorrow. Gonna be a long weekend between these and the PINK GUYS lathes I gotta package. 

Yep. Dance Pretend is down to one copy. 12 Daydreams left.  Holding on to a bit of a tiny reserve of both just in case there are any issues with damage or whatever, but those will probably end up going to band members/friends/etc. if they're not needed. 

Jackets should be in-hand today. Records tomorrow. Gonna be a long weekend between these and the PINK GUYS lathes I gotta package. 

Grabbed your last Dance Pretend :D

Grabbed your last Dance Pretend :D

Hold onto that slab. It'll be eBay GOLD in 6 months when Fordirelifesake gets back together for good, signs to Universal and is opening for Falling in Reverse on the NEON PLAYERZ TOUR or whatever next summer. 

But by then I'll have the repress ready - 10,000 copies on 50 different colors. 

Hold onto that slab. It'll be eBay GOLD in 6 months when Fordirelifesake gets back together for good, signs to Universal and is opening for Falling in Reverse on the NEON PLAYERZ TOUR or whatever next summer. 

But by then I'll have the repress ready - 10,000 copies on 50 different colors. 

Great plan! Also be sure to make forty test presses to auction on eBay.

I think they were also at the "last small brown bike show in detroit" in 2001, and I've definitely seen them a handful of times since that. Hott shitt

I saw FDLS's last show in 2008 or whatever (right before their Japanese tour...haha) and then flew out to see them in Toronto in 2012 playing a "secret" show opening for The Fullblast's last show. The same Fullblast who played last month. Haha. Gonna miss Black X-Mas for family shit but they were talking about doing a weekend in Chicago/Milwaukee/etc. at some point. Not sure they'll ever be full time again, but I think they'll pop up here and there. 

Hot damn, excited that these are going out soon. What color vinyl did you decide on?

Announcement on that tomorrow when I can include some nice pictures! The Detroit copies showed up today, but it was too dark out to get a nice bright picture of em. I'll either get that picture in the morning or when the Chicago copies show up in the early afternoon. Ended up getting pretty much exactly what I wanted to do (I gave the plant like 3 options to give them flexibility to get them on the press sooner) so I'm excited to see the final product. 

Not 100% opaque. Pretty damn dark, but some light passes through. I am guessing they just add some dark vinyl (maybe black?) to the regular blue to make it. Not entirely sure. Gonna have to get some pics in better light. The band took these. I don't have the jackets in-hand yet (should be here today, but probably Monday).

No spines on either, unfortunately. Both are foldover silkscreened jackets.

Not 100% opaque. Pretty damn dark, but some light passes through. I am guessing they just add some dark vinyl (maybe black?) to the regular blue to make it. Not entirely sure. Gonna have to get some pics in better light. The band took these. I don't have the jackets in-hand yet (should be here today, but probably Monday).

No spines on either, unfortunately. Both are foldover silkscreened jackets.

Thanks for the info!

Holy shit I stayed up until 2:30 AM after playing outdoor hockey in the freezing cold assembling and packing these things. They are all packed and paid up and ready to ship. I think the post office is closed at like noon though and I am getting out of work at 1. Might not ACTUALLY ship til Friday :(

So yeah, good to get these out of my house. Dust is settling. Might have a few copies of Dance.Pretend available but won't know until I give it a couple weeks in case anybody has issues with their copy getting run over or something. .

Holy shit I stayed up until 2:30 AM after playing outdoor hockey in the freezing cold assembling and packing these things. They are all packed and paid up and ready to ship. I think the post office is closed at like noon though and I am getting out of work at 1. Might not ACTUALLY ship til Friday :(

So yeah, good to get these out of my house. Dust is settling. Might have a few copies of Dance.Pretend available but won't know until I give it a couple weeks in case anybody has issues with their copy getting run over or something. .

Man, I just got my copy in! The gold emboss looks great on the cover. The vinyl itself is a very dark marble blue (almost black), but the color doesn't matter to me. Holding a relic from my teenage years that I never thought I'd own: priceless. But what I'm really here to talk a little bit about is the sound quality. This is a great mix! It sounds crisp, guitars are clean and distinct and the lows on the bass sound really nice. A+ on this release. It's just great overall!

P.S. Thanks for repressing this. After bugging you about it for the better part of a year I'm kinda glad it paid off in the end.

The mix is actually the same as the original CD version, but we tweaked the master a little bit. It was mostly necessary because of the last track, which went on forever and ever on the CD version. We had to kinda resplice it to fit on an LP. Actually sorta changed the whole song to do that. Haha.

But glad you are happy with it and that we were able to make it happen! 

• 3 months later...

BUMP - the dust has settled and I think everybody got their copy in the mail and everything is all good so I am going to sell the remaining copies. 

There are like 7 or so copies of Dance.Pretend and 19 copies of A Daydream Disaster.  Available for as long as they last. Got some other new stuff out that you should check out and if you dig, hey, maybe place an order for multiple things and save on shipping....US shipping only charges for the first record, the rest are free. Just sayin'

ALSO, we have some leftover Fordirelifesake shirts available on the cheap from the show. Very limited quantities. They are very nice shirts though.