ACOUSTIC SOUNDS webstore... Experience & Feedback

Outside of the shipping cost, I've always had a good experience. I've always received my order quickly, and all the records showed up in perfect condition. Definitely check out their $5 records. I recently snagged Centro-matic - Candidate Waltz, Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship, The Landlord is Dead and Divine Fits - S/T for $5 each. I also got Spoon - Kill the Moonlight for $10.  The biggest bummer is the expensive shipping options. Their cheapest option (at least for me, in NYC) was $10.19...even for one record.  Adding more records made it more worthwhile. I was super pumped to get all 4 of those records for $35 shipped.

What problems are you having with them?

Placed an order (to Canada) but didn't go through to paypal, instead I got an email just with confirmation of order. I was wondering if they get back to you with total... I'll ask them anyway.

Thanks, just wanted to know they are a functional mailorder.

They ship quickly and have the best packaging I have ever received. It would be a struggle to damage a package from them. Since they are an audiophile store, they have a lot of records that are out of print that never sell so I find some good deals there sometimes.

Shipping cost absolutely blows though. 

I have had really great experiences with this store. Great packaging. The records show up in pristine condition.

The only issues I ever had was I placed a big order, and then afterward found another record I wanted. I made another order immediately afterward, and then e-mailed and called them to merge the orders so I could save on shipping. They refused to do it, so I got hit with "double shipping."

A similar thing happened when another order had a pre-order record in it. I asked to hold everything until the pre-order came in, and again they hit me with double shipping...

Given the shoddy packaging I am getting from Amazon these days, I still appreciate them. ;)

I had a weird experience with them.  

Ordered 3 records, shipped to Canada.  Received order confirmation, next day received invoice for 3 records... paid invoice, in retrospect it should have seemed low, but it was more than the total of the 3 records.  Received shipping confirmation with a shipping manifest with 2 records on it.  Turns out the 3rd was sold out and that the shipping charges were actually more than the cost of the missing record.

I just wish they had let me know before i paid and they shipped.

The story of how it was resolved is for another time, another thread.

I had a weird experience with them.  

Ordered 3 records, shipped to Canada.  Received order confirmation, next day received invoice for 3 records... paid invoice, in retrospect it should have seemed low, but it was more than the total of the 3 records.  Received shipping confirmation with a shipping manifest with 2 records on it.  Turns out the 3rd was sold out and that the shipping charges were actually more than the cost of the missing record.

I just wish they had let me know before i paid and they shipped.

The story of how it was resolved is for another time, another thread.

They just did this to me. 

They sent me a total, I paid, then got an e-mail saying it's actually not in stock and will ship when available. Just now... fuck.

One of the things I hate the most: distros charging for shit they don't have.

to be honest.. it wasnt a weird experience it was a bad experience.  months later and I am still sorting out duty charges that are being disputed.. and getting final notice letters from fedex for $13.. so lame.

When i questioned why they didnt tell me before I paid and shipped they ended up cancelling the delivery after it had made it across the border and into city, again without telling me.  I may have even still been willing to complete the transaction, but they didnt give me that choice.

Lame all around.  good luck, i'd cancel get a refund.  but thats bitter old grumpy me talking.

Lame all around.  good luck, i'd cancel get a refund.  but thats bitter old grumpy me talking.

Oh no, I cancelled and if I don't hear by tomorrow, I am disputing through Paypal. I mean, my initial order confirmation said "In Stock".

Sorry to hear about your stuff, it's pretty low.

I've never ordered but their pricing and return policy for used records is a bit ridiculous.  Some used LPs are marked as having cover damage and are sold as is, no returns, yet they are priced $2 cheaper than the sealed versions.  Who would pay $20 for a used White Stripes LP with bent corners and a no return policy?