Discount vs. The Kills

Allison, what happened to you? I know all the kids in Silverlake think you're rad, but please, come home. We miss you.

PS - How come every bit of journalism I've ever read about the Kills never ever mentioned Discount. It's not like they're one of the msot influential pop-punk bands of all time or something. Sheez.

yeah...anyone that sees them that knows Discount, just gets way bummed out after seeing them...I went to see them play on their first tour and was destroyed after sitting through their set...

...also i believe it's the heroin that got in her that 'turned the suck' on. kills are fucking lame and I just pretend they don't exist, if I'm ever at a show of theirs again I'll just scream discount songs at them until they stop playing.

yeah...anyone that sees them that knows Discount, just gets way bummed out after seeing them...I went to see them play on their first tour and was destroyed after sitting through their set...

...also i believe it's the heroin that got in her that 'turned the suck' on. kills are fucking lame and I just pretend they don't exist, if I'm ever at a show of theirs again I'll just scream discount songs at them until they stop playing.

shes on heroin on the real?

What's the best Discount album to start with?

If you want their more pop-punk side, get "Half-Fiction." If you want their more math-rocky, angular side, get "Crash Diagnostic." After you buy one, buy the other, then get both of their singles collections (called "Singles #1" and "Singles #2"), then "Ataxia's Alright Tonight."

They also did a Billy Bragg covers EP for Fueled By Ramen called "Love, Billy" which isn't bad.

shes on heroin on the real?

Any band that looks like this...yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KillsKoko08.jpg

What's the best Discount album to start with?

If you want their more pop-punk side, get "Half-Fiction." If you want their more math-rocky, angular side, get "Crash Diagnostic." After you buy one, buy the other, then get both of their singles collections (called "Singles #1" and "Singles #2"), then "Ataxia's Alright Tonight."

They also did a Billy Bragg covers EP for Fueled By Ramen called "Love, Billy" which isn't bad.

agreed, and the discount CD EP was originally their side of a split LP with J Church...they do Billy Bragg, J Church did all Electric Light Orchestra covers.

One of my favorite LPs.