my door bell rang

so i looked out the window and saw the mail truck.

open the door, to a strange younger mailman with a package for me.

he asks what website it's from, and i say vinyl collective.

he explains how he collects vinyl as well, but older vinyl, and how he just found out that they pressed newer stuff on vinyl.

kinda neat. vc: bringing people 12 inches closer.

its strange whenever i wear my VC shirts i usually get involved in conversations with older black women that ask me about records and then go on to tell me everything they own and their favorites. last night, the cashier at walmart must have talked to me for 10-15 mins about records and i only bought a 12 pack of beer. the people behind me in line were annoyed. after i had some records delivered to the office, these two old ladies now talk to me about jazz records alot, even though i dont know shit about jazz.

anyways, its funny how wearing a VC shirt can get people to open up about their collection from 40 years ago, but i think the older folks find it great that people are getting back into vinyl.

I had a copy of Daughters Canada Songs delivered at work and the mail dude watched me open it went "Oh My God". I was totally expecting the whole "wow they still make vinyl thing" when all of a sudden he goes "You jammy git I've been looking for a pink copy of Canada Songs forever, I should have stolen your post". It was weird becuase I've only ever met one other person who likes Daughters and then to meet a daughters fan who collects vinyl too, I should have given him a reach around or something.

this happened to me at well..

whenever I get package, the postman knocks on my door.

he asked me what kind of music I collect, and I told him.

He told me that he should bring his collection over because he still has a lot of vinyl that he bought from when he was a teenager.. he said it is mostly punk .. with some new wave.