Max Richter - The Blue Notebooks (Reissue)

nelso330

MARCH 17th, 2015 ----- So it begins!!! The start of the reissues of Max Richter! That CD boxset we all wished was vinyl appears to finally be here in the form of the 1st LP - his 2nd album, The Blue Notebooks - on the classical label master, Grammophon

Includes an additional bonus track not on original issue....

His Facebook only posts a link to amazon at the moment! A little pricey but they put out quality vinyl and releases... I would venture it may drop a bit?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Blue-Notebooks-Vinyl-Richter/dp/B00PRC2DOM?tag=smarturl-20

Edit: also appears to be little cheaper via http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-blue-notebooks-max-richter/28524241?cm_mmc=google+product+search-_-q000000633-_-28947941859pla-_-music-_-q000000633-_-28947941859&ean=28947941859&isbn=28947941859&kpid=28947941859&r=1

INFO;

Max Richter

The Blue Notebooks

SIDE A

1.The Blue Notebooks

2.On The Nature Of Daylight

3.Horizon Variations

4.Shadow Journal

5.Iconography

SIDE B

1.Vladimir's Blues

2.Arboretum

3.Old Song

4.Organum

5.The Trees

6.Written On The Sky

BONUS TRACK

7. On the Nature of Sound (for string orchestra)

The Blue Notebooks was Max Richter's second solo album, a distinctive and adventurous work that is beautifully recorded and cinematic in scope. Opening with a text from Franz Kafka over a sparse piano melody, the album moves through heart-wrenching strings of “On The Nature Of Daylight” to lyrical piano pieces.

Using piano, cello, violin and viola, alongside electronic beats (made using a variety of antique electronics and Reaktor), spoken word passages and the occasional field recording (including a very realistic crow that you probably think comes from your garden); other sounds were generated via old guitar pedals and vocoders.

Deutsche Grammophon Vinyl

^^ Yea I'd say its risky, HOWEVER they have begun to stock vinyl in store again! So this may mean they have a lot more titles...I picked up the new Decemberists LP (had gift card) and they had maybe 50 other titles in stock! 

This is a classical label so odds may be a little better as usually B&N have a large gammophone section (at least at the ones I've been at) 

I had a Richter thread going specifically for these reissues, but I haven't updated it in a while.  Oh well.

The Blue Notebooks has been pretty high on my wantlist for a while now, but I've been holding off specifically for this reissue.  It's only second to Memoryhouse in my books – an album I'd buy again if they pressed it in higher quality, for sure.  I wonder how limited these reissues are.  I'm debating on pre-ordering or waiting for the price to dip elsewhere.

I have read that the recent Deutsche Grammophon records have a lot of surface noise. I have Recomposed Four Seasons by Richter, two copies, ordered from different places, and after cleaning with Okki Nokki the surface noise is still there. Hopefully this reissue is better.

The Fat Cat Memoryhouse reissue was also noisy (like we have already covered in that other thread).

I have read that the recent Deutsche Grammophon records have a lot of surface noise. I have Recomposed Four Seasons by Richter, two copies, ordered from different places, and after cleaning with Okki Nokki the surface noise is still there. Hopefully this reissue is better.

Do you have the double lp? I bought the single one some time ago and it actually sounds pretty good. Been debating getting the double lp also, but if it's noisy I might skip it

I had a Richter thread going specifically for these reissues, but I haven't updated it in a while.  Oh well.

The Blue Notebooks has been pretty high on my wantlist for a while now, but I've been holding off specifically for this reissue.  It's only second to Memoryhouse in my books – an album I'd buy again if they pressed it in higher quality, for sure.  I wonder how limited these reissues are.  I'm debating on pre-ordering or waiting for the price to dip elsewhere.

sorry man, I thought I remembered one myself, but when I did a search on my mobile I didn't see one specific to the reissues within the first page results..Unless it was under like just 1 record title...I always try not to make a new thread unless needed...But this way too each record can have a new thread in case some people just want to focus on 1 of his LPs...Ive found sometimes I miss info in "multiple release" threads...LOL anyway my long winded way of saying my bad if I missed it

I just did an Amazon PO just in case, but would guess I could easily have my local order it for the cheapest price possible...he always gives me $2-3 less than his already below retail price ....id bet SMRP is $35?  many people will sell it for much less (hence the Euro amazon already) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...