why don't printers work with Macs?

after working for IT resellers for about ten years now, i'd never buy anything besides an HP printer. i've had pretty much every brand you can own (gotten alot of freebies and great deals on refurbs ...can't beat $50 for a color laser) and nothing is built more solid than HP... i have what probably is a 5K xerox on my desk here, and the damn thing craps out all the time.

after working for IT resellers for about ten years now, i'd never buy anything besides an HP printer. i've had pretty much every brand you can own (gotten alot of freebies and great deals on refurbs ...can't beat $50 for a color laser) and nothing is built more solid than HP... i have what probably is a 5K xerox on my desk here, and the damn thing craps out all the time.

Epson's are pretty great too, in my experience.

Epson's are pretty great too, in my experience.

I use to work at best buy and people would always bring in their epson computers due to malfunction. In my experience i've had a broken paper feed, a misaligned printer head, and the cartridges would consistently clog after a few weeks of non-use. You must have been one of the lucky few to not have problems

I say CANON all the way. They work well with Apple and I still have the same one that i bought 2 years ago and it has not given me a problem once. Hp's are very well built and sold as well, just i find Canon's a bit faster in the printing process. But other than that, Hp's are pretty solid too.

Everyone is going to have their own experiences here or there. Your best bet when buying is to do research and not to get something on a whim. With all the feedback options people now have on purchases you should be able to track down some good information.

That said, personally speaking, I've had good interactions with the HP we have at work.

i had an amazing hp printer that i loved and i made the mistake of getting vista (long story but i have to use windows a lot and i kind of got forced into vista instead of xp) but it wasnt compatible with vista..i was reading on forums about it and i guess it was easier to refill the massive ink cartridges provided with that printer so they didnt want it to work with vista or some nonsense...long story short im stuck with a printer that eats ink a lot faster.