Turntable wall mounted shelf

I am going to build a shelf for my turntable, but do not want to build something too small in case I upgrade to something bigger at some point. Any recommendations on dimensions would be great. I am thinking average turtable size, maybe to some larger units dimensions to be on the safe side. The plank of wood I am starting out with is 19 1/2" X 38".

I built mine using a sheet of glass which dictated the dimensions then some 2"x 1" planed pine to make a frame for it.

Mine came out at 21" deep by 27" wide and I fitted it in the corner of the room and I made the frame so it allowed a 1" slot at the rear behind the sheet of glass to allow the cables through.

It was done as a bit of a test quite a while ago with the idea of making something a bit more ornate down the line but it works very well so it's stayed there for now.

I built mine using a sheet of glass which dictated the dimensions then some 2"x 1" planed pine to make a frame for it.

Mine came out at 21" deep by 27" wide and I fitted it in the corner of the room and I made the frame so it allowed a 1" slot at the rear behind the sheet of glass to allow the cables through.

It was done as a bit of a test quite a while ago with the idea of making something a bit more ornate down the line but it works very well so it's stayed there for now.

I have some pretty bouncy floors so this is a necessity. I hadn't considered using a corner to hang it, good idea for some extra stability. Now I am rethinking this whole thing. Obviously I won't be able to go as deep but width sounds good. Thanks.

Edit: How did you go about hanging it? Got any pics?

I have some pretty bouncy floors so this is a necessity. I hadn't considered using a corner to hang it, good idea for some extra stability. Now I am rethinking this whole thing. Obviously I won't be able to go as deep but width sounds good. Thanks.

Edit: How did you go about hanging it? Got any pics?

The frame is made with the glass sitting on the 1" face so I've fixed directly through the 2" face on the back and side. I also made a triangle brace from the wall to the front to make sure it wouldn't sag on the corner opposite to the corner that's fixed to the fall.

I've got a picture somewhere so I'll see if I can find it, if not I'll try and take one but bear in mind it's was a temporary to see how it would work and never meant to look good

I had a similar problem back when I was first getting into it. http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/102684-vibration-causing-records-to-jump/#entry1928532

I ended up mounting a glass shelf just high enough above my unit so the amp can fit under it. Looks and sounds great (although it's not a 'proper' turntable shelf) and it has stopped all skipping issues. Not the best picture but you can see what I sort of mean.

ysNkDmu.jpg