LaGrecia, the other side of the story

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Jason Shevchuk, frontman of the recently departed LaGrecia and frontman of the recently resurrected None More Black wrote in a blog on the None More Black myspace page his response to Dana from LaGrecia’s blog post. You can find it here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=28036923&blogID=396777902.

As seriously bummed out as I am about LaGrecia ending before the album comes out, I need to point out that Jason, Dana, and Sal are all really great people. I consider them all friends and feel really badly that these experiences have put some serious strain on their friendships. As disappointed as I was when Jason told me that he was through with playing music in bands, I am really glad to see that None More Black will be giving another go at it as I have always been a big fan of the band.

I can respect that, but it seems like a clearly bad idea to get involved with someone you have a working relationship with (like a band). I mean, "the heart wants what the heart wants" and what not, but it seems like a bad idea.

on an unrelated note, that sounded more like an explanation about Dana and Jason's break up than one about the band. It also was tinged with the slightest bitterness toward her. It was slightly awkward.

I can respect that, but it seems like a clearly bad idea to get involved with someone you have a working relationship with (like a band). I mean, "the heart wants what the heart wants" and what not, but it seems like a bad idea.

on an unrelated note, that sounded more like an explanation about Dana and Jason's break up than one about the band. It also was tinged with the slightest bitterness toward her. It was slightly awkward.

agreed

can someone pls post the message. darn work blocks all myspace and youtube urls.

cheers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sorry LaGrecia

Well,

I feel I should write a statement regarding my departure from LaGrecia.

LaGrecia formed in May of last year. By July, Dana and I found ourselves in a Romantic Relationship. The band rolled on at a good pace. It was fun. We had a fun summer.

I'll be the first to say that the winter months are difficult for me. Needless to say, if you are dating me, I'm not really always chipper.

Dana decided it would be a good idea to end our relationship in January. The band pressed on and ended up becoming more a burden and an awkward situation for me. How could it not. When your escape becomes your prison things can feel crazy.

I'm sorry Sal was caught in the middle.

I left the band in March with the intentions of never playing in a band again. NMB getting back together was never in the back of mind.

I sold a few of my guitars and my Vox AC30 which has been my main amp for years.

In April,

Colin came up to NYC to hang with Paul and I.

We had a great time, as we always do. We kicked around the idea of playing again on a casual level.

We sat on the idea for about a week. It excited me. I'm not sorry for that.

Yes,

I said I wanted to sell my gear.

Yes,

I sold my gear.

Yes,

NMB is going to be playing shows again.

Yes,

I went out bought louder gear so that I can play with my best friends again.

If you have a problem with it FUCK OFF!!!

Guest genericinsight

Yeah, I don't see why Jared wouldn't play since PIB isn't extremely active as it is and it looks/sounds as if NMB will only be super part time.

Especially since he basically flat out said that she dumped him cause he was acting like a prick.

people can't be happy all the time. jay has seasonal depression problems. he admits it, sings about it in songs...it's well known. its unfair to say that he's a prick because of it.

EDIT: now i don't feel so compelled to go to the philly show!

i saw none more black EVERY WEEKEND for like 4 months STRAIGHT in jersey and new york and philly...every time there were 50 people there MAX. it's just funny how big of a reaction they are getting, when they were around NO ONE saw them. sort of like hot water music. they have a reunion and everyone shits themselves when before they were only playing to 100 people. lol. they sold out the starland ballroom when they played in jersey. ridiculous.

people can't be happy all the time. jay has seasonal depression problems. he admits it, sings about it in songs...it's well known. its unfair to say that he's a prick because of it.

i saw none more black EVERY WEEKEND for like 4 months STRAIGHT in jersey and new york and philly...every time there were 50 people there MAX. it's just funny how big of a reaction they are getting, when they were around NO ONE saw them. sort of like hot water music. they have a reunion and everyone shits themselves when before they were only playing to 100 people. lol. they sold out the starland ballroom when they played in jersey. ridiculous.

you've gotta understand that not all of us live in places where bands like NMB and Hot Water Music would come to and play regularly. Just because we didn't go see them every weekend doesn't mean that we're not fans of their music or wouldn't really want to see them if they played again.

So what? I've got seasonal affective disorder pretty hardcore, but that doesn't give me a license to be a prick. I'm still responsible for what I do and say.