Van Halen Hollywood Blvd March 30th

I've seen them a few times - always a blast. One of my best gigs ever put me with Sammy in Cabo for 10 days to film around his birthday bash - just awesome. 

Now, who is singing for VH? And who is playing bass? I could live with the Roth/Hagar change back and forth but I can't accept Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I speak from having spent some significant time with him that he is a straight up kind dude who I wished all the best for. When he was out of the band for one of Eddie's kids it felt like total and complete bullshit. 

I've seen them a few times - always a blast. One of my best gigs ever put me with Sammy in Cabo for 10 days to film around his birthday bash - just awesome.

Now, who is singing for VH? And who is playing bass? I could live with the Roth/Hagar change back and forth but I can't accept Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I speak from having spent some significant time with him that he is a straight up kind dude who I wished all the best for. When he was out of the band for one of Eddie's kids it felt like total and complete bullshit.

David Lee Roth is singing and it's still Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass.

Yeah it's a shame about Michael Anthony.

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Now, what is everyone's favorite VH song? Maybe list one from each singer (while ignoring the Gary Cherone years)

I think Unchained is a great rock song via Roth. I'm a big fan of Hagar's  "When It's Love" - always summed up the Hagar years and why I could enjoy them on a different level. 

Finally, for the VH fans, this article from February was a great great read:

https://medium.com/cuepoint/the-private-photo-shoot-that-sparked-a-war-inside-van-halen-ac6fa2cda7b

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Now, what is everyone's favorite VH song? Maybe list one from each singer (while ignoring the Gary Cherone years)

I think Unchained is a great rock song via Roth. I'm a big fan of Hagar's  "When It's Love" - always summed up the Hagar years and why I could enjoy them on a different level. 

Finally, for the VH fans, this article from February was a great great read:

https://medium.com/cuepoint/the-private-photo-shoot-that-sparked-a-war-inside-van-halen-ac6fa2cda7b

I really dig "You Really Got Me" (yeah, a cover - but better than the original imo), "Ice Cream Man", and of course "Hot for Teacher". They really fuckin' slay on that last one.

I'm not a big fan of Sammy Hagar at all. I don't like his voice, I don't like his music, and I don't really like him as a person. (DLR is an egomaniacal dickhead as well, but he can sing better.) But Hagar was allegedly the inspiration for the title of Double Nickels on the Dime, so we can thank him for that.