wireless speakers

is there anything worth getting or is this just a stupid question.  having two 5 year olds at home the only real me time to listen to records is when they are asleep.  i would like to listen while i do house chores during the day but blasting a record and trying to hear it in the kitchen or family room is pointless. 

The only thing really worth "investing" in at the moment is Sonos if you absolutely wanted to listen to records throughout the house or have a portable speaker you could take from room to room while spinning records. Otherwise you should just get like a beats pill or Bose soundlink or any other portable Bluetooth speaker that you could just listen to music off of your phone with and bring from room to room.

Keep in mind with Sonos you are in it for a minimum of a $350 Sonos connect (that the turntable can hook up to) and a $200 speaker on top of that. Not sure what you are looking to spend on this project...

The only thing really worth "investing" in at the moment is Sonos if you absolutely wanted to listen to records throughout the house or have a portable speaker you could take from room to room while spinning records. Otherwise you should just get like a beats pill or Bose soundlink or any other portable Bluetooth speaker that you could just listen to music off of your phone with and bring from room to room.

Keep in mind with Sonos you are in it for a minimum of a $350 Sonos connect (that the turntable can hook up to) and a $200 speaker on top of that. Not sure what you are looking to spend on this project...

yeah the only thing i saw that would work was Sonos play 5 i believe it was called.   not sure if there is anything else out there.

my biggest issue is i have a ton of music on vinyl only and would like to knock out my to be listened to pile....haha.  i am currently updating my family room and would love to listen to vinyl while painting.

could i do something like connect 20 ft. speaker wire to my speakers and just move those into the kitchen?  this would be the middle point between the two rooms, but i'm not sure if running longer speaker wire would effect the sound quality.

could i do something like connect 20 ft. speaker wire to my speakers and just move those into the kitchen? this would be the middle point between the two rooms, but i'm not sure if running longer speaker wire would effect the sound quality.

My speakers are on a different wall from where my turntable is, and probably are over 35 ft of wire away from the amp. Before doing this I tested the speakers with 6 foot cables and I really didn't notice any sound difference (I have just above entry level everything - see post your setup thread). I suppose with higher end stuff you might start to notice a difference with sound quality. I also have a kid at home so I hid the cable with something called Cordmate which I found at Home Depot and hid the cables from exposure as they went over a doorframe.

My speakers are on a different wall from where my turntable is, and probably are over 35 ft of wire away from the amp. Before doing this I tested the speakers with 6 foot cables and I really didn't notice any sound difference (I have just above entry level everything - see post your setup thread). I suppose with higher end stuff you might start to notice a difference with sound quality. I also have a kid at home so I hid the cable with something called Cordmate which I found at Home Depot and hid the cables from exposure as they went over a doorframe.

yeah i did this today.  i had extra speaker wire so i just ran it to the kitchen counter and set up my speakers.  i honestly couldn't tell a the difference, but i also have pretty bad ears too...haha.

might have to invest in some banana plugs so i can just run wire plug and play. 

I will speak on the Sonos. I play records at a bottle shop, and they use SONOS. It always sounds incredible weather they are using an Ipod, Spotify, etc. Will be investing in some for the house for sure. 

yeah i'm going to look into this.  not sure if i want to drop the cash on something like this at the moment though.  running speaker wire will work for now.

thanks for the input guys.

I am a fan of my sonos system for the same reasons you mentioned with small kids and having to do stuff around the house. My time sitting around listening to music is very limited. 

Like mentioned, it aint cheap, but I can play vinyl throughout the house at a reasonable volume. Hoping to set up outdoor speakers this summer.