Fitbit Group "Vinyl Collective Fitness"

We both got the one that also monitors your heart rate. It's pretty accurate durring work outs and lets you know if you're in a fatburn zone or not. She got hers a few weeks ago and it has been a big help and a great motivator. If you're good about putting in the data for the food you eat, it really helps you realize what you should and shouldn't be eating. No GPS though. A a route map would be neat (also going camping soon) but i guess we have to settle for steps/distance.

Candace had the basic Fitbit awhile back and lost it. I've been think of getting her a charge. Is it worth the money?

I've only had mine a day but my fiancee has had hers for weeks and it's really been a great motivator for her. She's even gotten to the point where she has walked in circles in the living room while we watch TV to reach her step goal. If you need the extra push to get moving (like myself and my lady) yes. My first impression after using it today is good. Manually inputing food data made me second think the potato chip snack at work today. Also, it has a silent alarm you can set that vibrates! It was a pleasant alternative to the **BLEEEBLOOOOOP** in the morning. 

I've been researching HR monitors for awhile.  Needing some sort of watch/wristband to take with me hiking (going to start tackling these CO mtns). I wasn't sold on the fitbit charge just because I worried about the accuracy. Also would loooove something with GPS.

my bf is looking at this garmin: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/running/forerunner-920xt/prod137024.html#gallery-dialog

also these look cool: http://www.polar.com/us-en

Guess I'll join and feel worse about myself.

if i'm in the group that won't be possible.

I've been researching HR monitors for awhile. Needing some sort of watch/wristband to take with me hiking (going to start tackling these CO mtns). I wasn't sold on the fitbit charge just because I worried about the accuracy. Also would loooove something with GPS.

The surge is a watch and gps with a hr monitor. Not sure how long the battery lasts with gps enabled though

I got a fitbit charge HR a few weeks ago since clients kept asking me about them, their accuracy, use.  Figured I should try it for myself so I could give/not give a recommendation.  HR reads out almost exactly to what my Polar HR monitor with the chest strap does.  I think its really useful especially if you could use a little help/motivation with being active and paying attention to what you eat.   Since I basically have been trained to do that...by far my favorite thing is the vibrating alarm and when randomly in the middle of the day it vibrates because I've reached 10,000 steps.