USB Turntables for Mp3

Hey I was wondering if anybody on here has a USB turntable for the sole purpose of being able to get digital. Been thinking about investing in one, with all the vinyl I buy that don't have downloads, so I don't have to spend more money buying digital or CD's. I'm assuming it's going to be a bigger storage size, compared to standard, which is one of the things holding me back.

You can use pretty much any turntable in existence to digitize your records. I'm sure the one you have will be just fine.

Also, why would the storage size be bigger? You can still choose the compression you want.

Really? How would that work?

Yeah, didn't know that. Not a huge audio freak. 

EDIT: Wow, just read up on it. That sounds crazy complicated and time consuming.

EDIT: Wow, just read up on it. That sounds crazy complicated and time consuming.

It is time consuming to do correctly, especially since you have to record, click repair, tag and then split the recording.  In the long run, it's smart to find a good private music torrent community to grab digital from to save time.

I do it right from my receiver into my laptop through audacity. I have a cable like the one about and plug the jack into my microphone port on my laptop. I use audacity to record it as .wav files and then cut it up and save as .mp3's. It is time consuming cause the recording happens in real time, but its worth it for stuff that doesn't exist digitally at all. 

Once you do it a few times, it becomes easy. The longest part is recording it. It only takes me a minute or two to cut the single file up, since you just look at the waveform and see where tracks start and end.