PO: Final Fantasy VIII picture disc

The music of Final Fantasy VIII, now in the form of collectible gramophone records!* 

*This is a limited edition and only 2,000 copies with a serial number will be up for grabs in the EMEA territories.

We have selected some of the best tunes from the "FINAL FANTASY VIII Original Soundtrack" and recorded them onto two beautiful picture discs. These are an absolute must-have for any FINAL FANTASY fan!

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/merchandise/FINAL-FANTASY-VIII-Vinyl-Limited-Edition.php

I never got into VIII. I have no idea if this is going to be available in the USA or not. EMEA stands for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Like the VII non-numbered repress I helped out with, this seems to be limited to 3 per person. I've looked on the SE USA site and found nothing about this. If anyone simply has to make sure they have this and blow about $100, I'm OK with helping out again. The dollars would be useful.

FFVII was not available in the US, so I doubt this will. FFVIII was my favorite, but that is way too much for a picture disc. I've heard VII's did not sound very good.

FFVII was not available in the US, so I doubt this will. FFVIII was my favorite, but that is way too much for a picture disc. I've heard VII's did not sound very good.

Not sure where you heard this, but I have a copy of the FF7 picture disc and in my opinion it sounds surprisingly good. At least for what's essentially mid-90's MIDI! :)

• 1 month later...

Been charged for mine this morning, so hopefully should be dispatched shortly. Looking forward to this!

Anyone seen that amazing new trailer for the FF7 Remake??

just watched it. debating on what changes have been made to the combat system. hoping it's still turn based and not a hack and slash Crisis Core type system.  Regardless though, looks amazing!

just watched it. debating on what changes have been made to the combat system. hoping it's still turn based and not a hack and slash Crisis Core type system. Regardless though, looks amazing!

Yeah, I was trying to work out the new combat system as well. It doesn't look turn based, but in the bottom corner you can see that it's possible to select magic and summons etc, so there must be a small element of it still there...

To be honest I expected the combat system to change, most major RPGs these days are moving away from it (think Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher).

Still, the music seems true to the original so I'm happy!

Yeah, I was trying to work out the new combat system as well. It doesn't look turn based, but in the bottom corner you can see that it's possible to select magic and summons etc, so there must be a small element of it still there...

To be honest I expected the combat system to change, most major RPGs these days are moving away from it (think Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher).

Still, the music seems true to the original so I'm happy!

I'm actually digging what I've seen of the FFXV combat system and it's pretty far removed from turn based mechanics. So, it not that i'm not open to the series changing. I'm personally hoping for some sort of hybrid with this remake though. We will just have to wait and see though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a reply:

"Your order should be shipped out today and it will arrive before Christmas. We do not want to give false hope but it may be possible that the item will arrive after Christmas."

Bit odd, considering they say it WILL arrive before Xmas, and then they go on to say that it will probably arrive after. Not fussed either way tbh, as long as it's sent!

Well I got a reply:

"Your order should be shipped out today and it will arrive before Christmas. We do not want to give false hope but it may be possible that the item will arrive after Christmas."

Bit odd, considering they say it WILL arrive before Xmas, and then they go on to say that it will probably arrive after. Not fussed either way tbh, as long as it's sent!

That response makes as much sense as the development schedule of the games they release.