FS:DCFC Transatlanticism $70 PPD.

jerrycrago

Guest falloutcollapse
I want this... why can't someone just sell it to me for $30 or so... why oh why...

I feel the same way. Other than Juturna, this is the only other record I am crazy about finding. I've almost gotten it about 5 times too, something always goes wrong though.

I want this... why can't someone just sell it to me for $30 or so... why oh why...

I feel the same way. Other than Juturna, this is the only other record I am crazy about finding. I've almost gotten it about 5 times too, something always goes wrong though.

Yeah... I really feel there are so many Transatlanticisms out there, that it shouldn't be so crazy-priced.

Congrats on your Juturna purchase by the way. Nice score.

Jesus Christ I hate this board sometimes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Death-Cab-for-Cutie-Transatlanticism-LP_W0QQitemZ150252792908QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1592QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Transatlanticism-LP-Vinyl-Sealed_W0QQitemZ160240029132QQihZ006QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Death-Cab-for-Cutie-Transatlanticism-Vinyl-LP_W0QQitemZ120264653562QQihZ002QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know its INSANE I thought that someone would want this for the going rate!

40 dollars is not the going rate- I couldn't even find one that has gone recently in that range- the lowest was 61 plus 10 dollars shipping and the highest was like 105.

That being said, if someone had a sensible reply that they took 5 seconds to research like- "Hey- I'll give you 70." or like "I think 70 would be a better price." I would say something like "ok, I will sell it to you for that sum."

Guest falloutcollapse

The point is that if you would like eBay prices, you can sure as hell sell there and make exactly what you want to.

The point is that if you would like eBay prices, you can sure as hell sell there and make exactly what you want to.

If that is the point, people are doing a piss poor job of expressing it. I think they point being expressed in this thread is that I am insane to think I would get a price similar to an ebay price-which is not at all true as I've sold things on this board for much more or less than they go on ebay.

I'm a human being alive in the western hemisphere in the 21st century- I know ebay exists. Thanks. This post was created to let people know if they'd like a copy of this record for a set price and not have to wait and see if they win an auction for it on ebay they can have it for said price.

There's eBay prices and then there's real prices. I'd offer you $30ppd for this.

In that case I'd ask you what you mean by "real prices". If you mean $30 is what the record is worth to you then I guess $30 would be a real price to you- but it does not necessarily mean that is a real price.

I've seen this record-while it was still in print- going for as much as $25-$30 not shipped. So I don't know how you all are arriving at this seemingly (at least to me, but I am INSANE) arbitrary figure.

You all told Bender he was nuts last month-right before he sold that Saves The Day 7" for $450.

In my opinion, the asking price is too high. That's not to say I think you're insane / greedy / wrong in offering though. I wish more people had set sale threads like this where they say "here is a rare / OOP record, and here is what I'm asking for it." People don't have to accept or reason or like the offer.

Exactly, and that is a reasonable.

Guest falloutcollapse

If that is the point, people are doing a piss poor job of expressing it. I think they point being expressed in this thread is that I am insane to think I would get a price similar to an ebay price-which is not at all true as I've sold things on this board for much more or less than they go on ebay.

I'm a human being alive in the western hemisphere in the 21st century- I know ebay exists. Thanks. This post was created to let people know if they'd like a copy of this record for a set price and not have to wait and see if they win an auction for it on ebay they can have it for said price.

The thread is open to the interpreter. You could easily get a ton of money for this on eBay, and since you are "a human being alive in the western hemisphere in the 21st century", I assume you know this. The majority of sales made on these boards are for prices less than what the seller would get on eBay. I am someone who has been frantically searching for this record, and I've had almost 4 attempts to buy it on these boards. The highest I was going to pay for it was $50.

I'm not saying that the whole community of over 1,000 members is turned off by the $70 price, because someone might buy it for the reason you listed above. It is just a high "set sale" price, in most of our opinions.

I got my copy on eBay like a month ago for $25.50 with shipping.

You got one hell of a deal. Still don't know why so many people slept on this when it was available, it says limited edition on it.

I know I got one hell of a deal. I couldn't believe it. I kept waiting for someone to out bid me at the end. I had tried to win it several other times and it got out of my price range in a hurry.

The thread is open to the interpreter. You could easily get a ton of money for this on eBay, and since you are "a human being alive in the western hemisphere in the 21st century", I assume you know this. The majority of sales made on these boards are for prices less than what the seller would get on eBay. I am someone who has been frantically searching for this record, and I've had almost 4 attempts to buy it on these boards. The highest I was going to pay for it was $50.

I'm not saying that the whole community of over 1,000 members is turned off by the $70 price, because someone might buy it for the reason you listed above. It is just a high "set sale" price, in most of our opinions.

I could make between 70 and 80 dollars for this on ebay. Maybe more or less- in fact there is one going right now for $31 with like 13 hours left so hopefully one of you can win that for $55.50 with twelve dollars shipping and then tell me about it.

So you've had four attempts to buy the record-none of them successful- and you've offered up to $50.

Ok-so you're bummed you don't have the record. Sorry. I'm selling it to buy more records- as I constantly do. I'm bummed the last Antidote single I wanted to buy went for $685 dollars- I know it sucks.

Guest falloutcollapse

Actually, they always accepted the offer. For some reason, there had always been a complication on their behalf where they couldn't send it. But I understand selling to buy more, as that is what I'm currently doing. Good luck with your sale, but don't be too bummed if nobody snatches it, because you can always flip it on eBay.

I feel like this thread is akin to people who freak out about ridiculously high starting bids on ebay.

"OH MY GOD! I HAVE THAT! I can't believe that record is worth so much"

Well, it's not really worth that much. No one has bid on it and no one will bid on it. So don't you worry yourself. Even if someone buys it, who cares. It's not your money, don't worry about it.

This is a bit different though. The price is "high" but it's really not that far off from who much this record usually sells for. If people bought it for cheaper, than they did a good job. I bought it when it came out, big whoop.

Point being: "Don't like it, don't buy it". That's pretty much all there is to it. No one is forcing you to spend your money on this.